• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Habanero & Beef Thai Curry

Well, I was going to start making it now but alas I must have put my wok up either wet or not completely clean, cause it rusted a bit.

So I just had to scrub it and re-season it, now i'm waiting for it to cool to room temp before I heat it back up again.

I'm starving too, i should have started cooking earlier!

K...so maybe I lied. It's no longer habanero beef curry, it's dorset naga beef curry!

Look what I found in my freezer:
3252454040_870368ff72.jpg

Ok, wow, my nose is seriously running here. And i'm doing the suck air across the tongue thing. I'd say this curry turned out just about right.

Oh for shits sake 2.5 nagas may have been a bit much for a single batch of curry.

Feeling slightly tingly all over. And sweating lol.

Mouth is holding up though, i'm gonna finish this f'ing bowl.

Yum.

Never seen bean sprouts in a can before! What's the texture like? Are they pickled?

Only thing I would have done different is sliced the beef thin. good marbling on that meat though :)

Looks awesome man. This will be my inspiration for dinner tomorrow. Haven't made curry in a while. I'm salivating thinking about it!

lostmind said:
Yum.

Never seen bean sprouts in a can before! What's the texture like? Are they pickled?

Only thing I would have done different is sliced the beef thin. good marbling on that meat though :)

Don't waste money on them. They're not as crisp as fresh ones, other than that taste just like them. Pretty much like earth and water.

I wish I had fresh ones, but I hate buying them cause the only keep for a couple days.

Also I left the meat in cubes cause I seared/browned it on each side then deglazed the pan with a touch of white wine and let it reduce down before adding the coconut milk.

why do I always have to see those kind of threads when I'm hungry? that looks delicious, I have to try to make my own kind of curry some time!

Nice work Tex, you probably felt the same as when i accidently put 1/4 of a bottle of stillmanz 7-pot sauce into my noodles! Great stuff.

Update:

This morning had to flush twice.

1st flush was to refill the toilet since all the water boiled off.

And can someone tell me the melting point of porcelain?

20090129_081251_toilet_200.jpg

LOL.

The wife likes curry.. maybe I go this route tonight. Of course, I have to spice up my own curry after it's cooked... she dies with anything above jalapeno heat.

Txclosetgrower said:
THIS CRAP IS HOT! But good. BUT HOT!

Txclosetgrower said:
Mouth is holding up though, i'm gonna finish this f'ing bowl.

:lol: been there done that plenty of times. its funny when you realize you made it a tad on the really F'ing hot side :lol:

looks great! I love asian food!

Back