• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Another Cool CaJohn Offering

bubbaschili said:
i still dont see how people can afford these bottles of suaces.
Ah- but, nonetheless, this is a collectors forum. Not an "antique bottles found in discarded landfills" forum, or a "how can you afford that" forum. I'm just the messenger, reporting on the latest fashions in the world of hot sauce collectibles.

at least i stayed on topic...im sure that was a shock to a ton of people.

ps blundaar....not "shooting the messanger" just talking out loud.

i hate to say this but if i had a ton of money i would probably be a collector of these sauces....when i see the pictures its like....cooooool that is such a neat looking bottle... i love the ones that have the wax all over em.

but as a "collector" you would just have to set the bottle up and look at it.

thats why i like the wax. now if you were lottery rich you could buy 2 one to look at and one to devour

bubbaschili said:
but as a "collector" you would just have to set the bottle up and look at it.

thats why i like the wax. now if you were lottery rich you could buy 2 one to look at and one to devour
And that is harder than you'll ever know. I wish I could afford to buy two of everything I own!

I know some collectors who buy two bottles of every sauce so they can open one, and eat the other.

I really hate the idea of my sauces sitting on a shelf unopened and uneaten.

T

Tina Brooks said:
I know some collectors who buy two bottles of every sauce so they can open one, and eat the other.

I really hate the idea of my sauces sitting on a shelf unopened and uneaten.

T

Some do that, or when you're talking about CaJohn's stuff, you can usually get the sauce that's inside the collectable bottle in a non-collectable bottle.

If you're not sure which of his 150+ things that he produces it is, just email him and I'd imagine they'll get back to with a less pricey alternative.

Some special collectables though, this might not be the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I buy 2 of every bottle if it is not an outrageous priced collectable...one to eat and one to save, I will always ask for one to be signed when I buy from the maker.
Ed

Hey Ed,
Have you tried DEFCON's yet? "two 1's do make it right"
and no I dont work for them, That is just "unsolicited testimonial" my friend. The sh*t Rox.
btw, do you know why the difference in the Chile versus Chili spelling? I have seen it both ways, just wondering.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Ed,
Have you tried DEFCON's yet? "two 1's do make it right"
I keep hearing about this...I try to stay up with the Defcon news but this slipped through the cracks...please inform an old chili-head!

I dont know alot about DEFCON, but i do know.....:)
THE DEFCON COLOSSUS HAS ARRIVED!!!
Well, here we go again, another great offering from DEFCON HQ. We are now offering the ultimate DEFCON sauce pack. As with the regular DEFCON Collection, the COLOSSUS is a much larger version. The COLOSSUS includes the following:
All of these bottles, which will handle pound upon pounds of wings for your next football gathering for only $22.00. A great deal that won't be offered forever, but it is football season, a.k.a. Wing Season. The regular DEFCON Collection is still being offered as well for $15.00 (see below for details).
THE NEW AND MUCH IMPROVED DEFENSE CONDITION #1's ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!!
That's right, we are now offering a new and improved version of our 2007 Golden Chili winning sauce! We here at DEFCON HQ, in our continuing mission to keep the public happy have done it again! No more little 4 ounce bottle (they will only be available when purchasing a DEFCON Collection), we've doubled the size of this little Hellish contrivance to 8 ounces! Now, to make things even more special, we've also made it about 25% HOTTER than it was before. It deserved respect before, but now it DEMANDS it!
OK, IT'S TIME TO RELEASE THE MONSTERS!!!
The Monster-Sized 16-ounce bottles of Defense Condition #2 are now available!
Due to popular demand, we have decided to go retro, and re-release the huge bottle of our 1st Place Award-Winning wing sauce (voted best wings in the nation in the 2006 Scovie Awards). It comes in a great-looking 16 ounce Amber Boston Round Chemical/Medicine bottle, and will be a definite stand-out in either your fridge or on your Collectors' Shelf of Doom, or will coat over 10 pounds of wings for your next party. We only have 200 of these gems, and The Creator has decided to number and sign each one of them personally.

Get yours while they are in stock, just $10 plus shipping (Priority Mail).

Note to collectors : As with virtually all DEFCON products, they do NOT have an unlimited shelf-life. If you intend not to use it, and put it up on the shelf for good, expect it to be inedible within 10-11 months. Just another helpful hint from the DEFCON Ministry for Chilihead Safety

Well it has been doubled but my two 1's was for two 8 oz'ers.

Ok heres a warning......(not on the label)..When opening a newly acquired bottle of #1…..be prepared to pick the excess wax from your salad. Did I say salad…..I meant steak errr ok, meatloaf

Hillbilly Chili said:
Well it has been doubled but my two 1's was for two 8 oz'ers.

Ok heres a warning......(not on the label)..When opening a newly acquired bottle of #1…..be prepared to pick the excess wax from your salad. Did I say salad…..I meant steak errr ok, meatloaf

oh hell, #1 even makes wax taste great! (and small furry and/or scaly critters as well)

Sickmont said:
oh hell, #1 even makes wax taste great! (and small furry and/or scaly critters as well)
I am in complete agreement.
Now if anybody had the courage to open up their collectors DEFCON 0, Batch #3, their salad would not only have wax, but glow in the dark as well (from the wax, not the sauce...I think)!
By the way, I love your sig (our founding fathers would not be pleased right now).

Back