• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Today in the kitchen My Homade Rub

I took my bonless steak I got from the store and I made my own rub and this is what I've done.

1.Steak
2.Brush & Worcestershire sauce
3.Curry powder
4.Chillie Powder
5.2 garlic cloves
6.Highly ground up Pretzel "Rold gold fat free is the best for this"
7.Tongs

Ok step one Take your steak and 1 garlic clove Now take that clove and de skin it, after you've skinned the clove rub it all over the steak, and do the same to the second clove.

Step 2 Take your brush and brush your Worcestershire sauce all over the steak on both sides.

Step 3 sprinkle your curry powder over the steak so it will cover both sides "I should remind you all to use tongs when flipping the meat".

Step 4 sprinkle your chilly powder over the steak so it will cover both sides.

Step 5 Step 4 sprinkle your crushed red pepper powder over the steak so it will cover both sides.

Step 6 Step 4 sprinkle your ground up pretzel spice powder over the steak so it will cover both sides.

Step 7 put the steak in the fridge for about 3-5 hours for marination to take place. "Take the steak out right before you cook it and it's best to use a Iron Skillet.

Step 8. Ok pre coat your iron skillet with peanut oil and set the burner to medium hi heat, Let the oil hat up and caramelize.

Ok now the very last step, Place the steak on your is means Iron skillet let cook until what ever your desire is...

Bone appetite!

Ok the photo's are coming

Peanut oil doesn't caramelize there is no sugar in it. You just heat it up. You caramelize things in oil. What did you mean?

Wouldn't the breading get soggy in the fridge? Usually you wouldn't bread something and refrigerate it. Why not just cook it right away. It's not like you are marinating it. You just hit it with some spices.

Sounds funky ;)

Phat it is only a matter of time before you poison your self lol
keep up that crazy frat boy cooking I love it, we could compile them and make a book, 4 simple steps to a heart attack.... lol

Fried pretzels isn't that crazy. Ground up, it is really just browned salted flour.

Breading a steak is the wierd part, but not that wierd IMHO.

Doesn't sound too artery clogging.;)

Phat's Frat Cookbook, Sponsored by Dr. Pepper.

thehotpepper.com said:
Peanut oil doesn't caramelize there is no sugar in it. You just heat it up. You caramelize things in oil. What did you mean?

Wouldn't the breading get soggy in the fridge? Usually you wouldn't bread something and refrigerate it. Why not just cook it right away. It's not like you are marinating it. You just hit it with some spices.

Sounds funky ;)
Yes that's it, That's what I mean. It's freaking tasty SPECIALLY WITH HAB SAUCE :)

stillmanz said:
Phat it is only a matter of time before you poison your self lol
keep up that crazy frat boy cooking I love it, we could compile them and make a book, 4 simple steps to a heart attack.... lol
LOL naw I'm exercising constantly after meals like these.

cheezydemon said:
Fried pretzels isn't that crazy. Ground up, it is really just browned salted flour.

Breading a steak is the wierd part, but not that wierd IMHO.

Doesn't sound too artery clogging.;)
It's pretty damn tasty and its so freaking tender and it falls apart in your mouth.

Pictures are coming in about 20 minutes or so.

I here you cheezy this isn't the phat mans only recipe check em out.
ground pretzels would have to be close to 40% saturated fat and salt.
I'm curious to how they would cook ie I think they might burn a little too quickly you might have to brown and then finishn in the oven Phat?
now thats gourmet....

PhatManDerek said:
Yes that's it, That's what I mean. It's freaking tasty SPECIALLY WITH HAB SAUCE :)
I still don't get what you caramelized.

stillmanz said:
I here you cheezy this isn't the phat mans only recipe check em out.
ground pretzels would have to be close to 40% saturated fat and salt.
I'm curious to how they would cook ie I think they might burn a little too quickly you might have to brown and then finishn in the oven Phat?
now thats gourmet....
Actually there is no trans fat or sat fat in rold gold pretzel.

PhatManDerek said:
but where I heard about the carmalization from was Rachel Ray.
It's the natural sugars oxidizing and tuning into a caramel like sugar. Like when you brown onions. A pretzel coated steak won't caramelize, as won't peanut oil in a pan. Hope that helps. :)

stillmanz said:
really?
what oil does it say they were cooked in?
Pretzels are baked man. Like PhatManDerek :lol: j/k

no what oil does it say the pretzels were cooked in or are they oven cooked?
caramilization requires something with sugar to caramilize oil it self over heated becomes burnt oil. if yiou were to put onions in the oil and cook them down then you would have a form of caramilization.

Back