• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Dahlias - advices gladly given

Just to let you guys know, I am a dahlia hybridzer and grow dahlias for cut-flowers and show. I also grow dahlias for tubers to sell. I am a member of the American Dahlia Society and the Portland Dahlia Society. I am also a webmaster for a few dahlia farmers that sells commercially online. http://www.dahliasuppliers.com There is even a copy of the newspaper article about me selling cut-flowers in an unique way... So if any of you Pepper-Heads have any questions on growing dahlias, spill 'er away!

-Aaron

Gnildir said:
Just to let you guys know, I am a dahlia hybridzer and grow dahlias for cut-flowers and show. I also grow dahlias for tubers to sell. I am a member of the American Dahlia Society and the Portland Dahlia Society. I am also a webmaster for a few dahlia farmers that sells commercially online. http://www.dahliasuppliers.com There is even a copy of the newspaper article about me selling cut-flowers in an unique way... So if any of you Pepper-Heads have any questions on growing dahlias, spill 'er away!

-Aaron

I hate to be the dumbass, but whats a dahlia. Got any pics? I could google, but lazy today.

gardenkiller said:
I hate to be the dumbass, but whats a dahlia. Got any pics? I could google, but lazy today.

if you're too lazy to click on the link.. Here is an older picture of me with the dahlias at a dahlia show. The show I was at is the Portland Dahlia Society show and it's held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon. Canby also has the largest dahlia farm here in the states. They grow dahlias on 40 acres of land.
aaron.jpg

we had some in our front yard this past year that grew over 4 feet tall. Flowers were about 9-11 inches across. They were magnificent.

Hey guys... just letting you know that I am still around and am still growing dahlias. I have tubers for sale, and if you are interested, just let me know. I can help locate the colors, forms and sizes that you are looking for.

I love them and they, along with tuberous Begonias and Fuchsias, are my favorite flowers. I have 10 more 'Dinner Plate' bulbs added this year for a total of 17 in the yard. All are tuberous and most are 'Dinner Plate' types.

Here's a few I have grown over the past 5-6 years.

2011_0808DahliaKarmaBon0001.jpg

2008_0726DahliasBegonias080002.jpg

2008_0726DahliasBegonias080005.jpg

Back