• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

2 meat stew W/ Jalapeno flavored pinto beans

Today this is what I had for lunch, I didn't take very much because my mom and my step dad is coming over for lunch.

but here's what I got in it.

1.1 whole boneless ribeye steak. Finely cut into pieces.

2.1 plabano finely chopped.

3.1 serento pepper chopped.

4.2 gloves finely minced.

5.1 can of Frijolies Pintos beans w/ jalapeno flavoring.

6.1 pkg Stew meat beef pieces.

7.2 pinches of red pepper.

8.2 pinches of chillies powder.

9.3 pinches of cumin .

10.1 beef bullion cube.

11.1 bunch of green onions finely chopped.

12.a bunch of carrot slices for flavor.

Throw everything in the slow cooker and let cook for several hours or until lunch.

right before serving throw in some salt & pepper to taste.

477292623_2iB3C-S-0.jpg

It all sounds good except for the finely minced gloves.......

I like mine roughly chopped!;)

And if only the carrot slices are added for flavor, WTF are the rest of the ingredients for?????;)

Sorry!

It sounds really good!

I assume that steak was the pretzel dusted one?

Thanks for sharing, it is getting late here at work and I am getting loopy!

:cheers:

cheezydemon said:
It all sounds good except for the finely minced gloves.......

I like mine roughly chopped!;)

And if only the carrot slices are added for flavor, WTF are the rest of the ingredients for?????;)

Sorry!

It sounds really good!

I assume that steak was the pretzel dusted one?

Thanks for sharing, it is getting late here at work and I am getting loopy!

:cheers:
No that was last night, the package came with 4 of those steaks I had 2 of them last night with the pretzels. and today its a stew with the remainder of the steaks & stew meat.

Dude, I would sooner capture and skin the neighbors cat and use that before I would use a ribeye. That cut arguably is the best steak on the hoof. Looks kinda' watery in the pic.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Dude, I would sooner capture and skin the neighbors cat and use that before I would use a ribeye. That cut arguably is the best steak on the hoof. Looks kinda' watery in the pic.

Cheers, TB.
Hey Tb, That's how I love my stew.

I don't like mine too thick.

I tell you it was freaking awesome though!

I don't get it, there are no liquid ingredients!

Water noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Broth, for soup, or since this is a stew, something like tomato sauce, or a few cups of tomatoes to cook down.

thehotpepper.com said:
Water noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Broth, for soup, or since this is a stew, something like tomato sauce, or a few cups of tomatoes to cook down.
Oh shit, that's what I forgot LOL.

Thanks for the reminder THP.

No prob. I like that you just mess with stuff without knowing exactly how to make it. That's how you learn.

thehotpepper.com said:
No prob. I like that you just mess with stuff without knowing exactly how to make it. That's how you learn.
That's the best teacher, trail & error you know?

By the way it was freaking good though no matter if its a stew or if it's a soup?

Hell my step had 2 bowls and said it was very good, That's the first time ever I heard a compliment from him!

I dont know about the rest of you here, but I'd eat it.
though I gotta agree with TB.
phat whats up with using a ribeye steak! certain cuts are meant for the grill or to be sauteed. I would of used a lesser cut for soup.

chilehunter said:
I dont know about the rest of you here, but I'd eat it.
though I gotta agree with TB.
phat whats up with using a ribeye steak! certain cuts are meant for the grill or to be sauteed. I would of used a lesser cut for soup.
I'm still learning to cook and I'm still learning what different cuts of steak can do or be used in!

Also, water makes meat tighten up, the opposite of tenderizing. Next time try a broth (stock) or a tomato base.

thehotpepper.com said:
Also, water makes meat tighten up, the opposite of tenderizing. Next time try a broth (stock) or a tomato base.
Shouldn't the beef bullion cube do that?

Ok if I make the 2 changes it should TASTE a lot better athough its very tasty and savory?

That would not be my personal choice, you can buy some pretty good stocks in containers that look like soy milk containers.

I like to braise the meat a bit first, that browing/carmelizing adds wonderful flavor and color. Also, a single dry Bay leaf is awesome for stews...just don't over do Bay leaf...it's very strong.

And ya, broth is good, esp. homemade. Just depends on the flavor yer trying to get.

Ya, buy the cartons of stock, or even canned ones if you aren't making your own...but bullion cubes are mostly crap..just salt, hydrolysed fat and coloring.

If you can't make your own... I don't care about the brand, but look for organic or all natural, like I said, they come in containers that look like this:

Attachments

• broth_o_beef_lg.png
    broth_o_beef_lg.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 63
QuadShotz said:
I like to braise the meat a bit first, that browing/carmelizing adds wonderful flavor and color. Also, a single dry Bay leaf is awesome for stews...just don't over do Bay leaf...it's very strong.

And ya, broth is good, esp. homemade. Just depends on the flavor yer trying to get.
Thank you Quad, I'll probably stick to the basics for now.

thehotpepper.com said:
If you can't make your own... I don't care about the brand, but look for organic or all natural, like I said, they come in containers that look like this:
Ah okies and yes I've seen those.

How easy is to make your own?

Back