• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm Stufffffffffffed Poblanos

Here's my stuffed poblano's

Frying the poblano's

step 1.
478868548_nvwVg-S.jpg

step 2.
478868889_4V5jG-S.jpg

Step 3.
478868819_XRVDn-S.jpg

Step 4.
478868854_pvmfk-S.jpg

Seems weird to fry pepper halves in oil for "stuffed" peppers. Try slow roasting the peppers until the skin is black, then place the peppers in a brown bag and seal. Leave them in there for ten minutes. This will soften the black skin. Now you can peel or rub it off. Sometimes I shock them in an ice water bath, and it comes off easier. Slit them down the side. Take out the innards without disrupting the stem, this will keep the top sealed. Stuff and close with a toothpick. Dip in batter. Fry until golden brown. Sauce and cheese them up. Under the broiler they go.

Chile Rellenos.

thehotpepper.com said:
Seems weird to fry pepper halves in oil for "stuffed" peppers. Try slow roasting the peppers until the skin is black, then place the peppers in a brown bag and seal. Leave them in there for ten minutes. This will soften the black skin. Now you can peel or rub it off. Sometimes I shock them in an ice water bath, and it comes off easier. Slit them down the side. Take out the innards without disrupting the stem, this will keep the top sealed. Stuff and close with a toothpick. Dip in batter. Fry until golden brown. Sauce and cheese them up. Under the broiler they go.

Chile Rellenos.
Thanks mate, I will try that next time.

thehotpepper.com said:

Chile Rellenos.
Can I slow roast the poblano's on my iron skillet? On low setting?

PhatManDerek said:
Can I slow roast the poblano's on my iron skillet? On low setting?
No, in your oven. Just roast them till the skin turns black.

Back