• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So I came home today and what did I find? Well my soon to be 3 yr old son (in april he'll be 3) decided to help himself to 'daddy's plants'. He had pulled all my pepper plants out and they were all laying on top of the cups they were planted in. Thankfully I had just come from Menards with some potting soil (the kind that has some fert. already in it). So as quick as I could I replanted them all as deep as I could. Right up to the 1st set of leaves. Some looked ok still, others looked pretty limp.

Will they live or are they in trouble? They are in 16oz plastic cups in a southwest window of the house. If you need more info before you say they are gonners let me know. If needed I can try and take some pics.

PP

water them in good.....then hope for the best...if they weren't too traumatized by the tender touch of a tyke, the toughest will tend to tough it out...

:what'd he say?:

Keep the limp ones wet for 48 hours and see if they perk up. If too much root damage was done, well, It's not too late to reseed.

When my nephew was 2 or 3, he very carefully pulled all the plant id stakes out of every single pepper in the garden. It was a year I was growing a whole bunch of new varieties, too. He was *so* proud of himself! My brother was playing with his crackberry and didn't notice exactly what he was doing.

Oh I feel for you, I remember the days when I had a christmas tree in a playpen to keep it away from kids. I'll bet a lot will survive. You have my total sympathy.

>ones that are limp will be dead by dawn

i lold
sounds like a quote from a western flick. maybe a habanero war film...

thanks guys. What they were in was fairly dry on top and it looked like he just gave them a little tug and out they came. The new potting soil is moist so I'll hope for the best.

I gotta just laugh though cause I asked him what did you do? And what is his response? "sorry daddy" How can I stay mad at him when he says something that cute.

peter pepper said:
I gotta just laugh though cause I asked him what did you do? And what is his response? "sorry daddy" How can I stay mad at him when he says something that cute.

Try to remember that the first time he comes home with a ding in the car.:P

Best of luck with the peppers.

imaguitargod said:
The ones that are limp will be dead by dawn.

Does sound like a movie quote. A western. How's this:

"AlabamaJack and the Habanero Kid"

Habanero Kid: "Alabama do you think there's a chance for them?"

AlabamaJack: "The ones that are limp will be dead by dawn."

Habenero Kid: *crying* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

hahaha that is great
peter pepper said:
Does sound like a movie quote. A western. How's this:

"AlabamaJack and the Habanero Kid"

Habanero Kid: "Alabama do you think there's a chance for them?"

AlabamaJack: "The ones that are limp will be dead by dawn."

Habenero Kid: *crying* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

they won't eat anything I cook or bring in...only a couple of the guys I work with are brave enough...but then again, there is a method to my madness...

AlabamaJack said:
people at work in the next office came over to see what I was gigglin' at....

I dont understand people who look at me funny when I laugh at a computer.

Computers can be humorous too... especially this forum

groeatrepeat said:
I dont understand people who look at me funny when I laugh at a computer.
I don't understand people who look at me funny when I laugh at nothing but air, or my hand, or someone's shoe laces............... they just don't see the funny things that I do I guess...it's almost like an inside joke between the univserse and psychadelic users, we get the joke, other people don't. :lol:

caroltlw said:
My condolences. :(
Let us know how they do tomorrow.

well as of last night it looks like most of them will live. they are still green and full without looking bad. So i'll continue to watch and we'll see.

PP

Back