• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Opal Divine's

http://www.opaldivines.com/pennfield/

This is a great place if you like to drink quality beer, spirits and cocktails. 36 GOOD draft beers ( no Budweiser here!), over 60 single malt scotches ( with "sample trays" available!), "Martinis of the World " and something like 35 premium tequilas, including El Tesoro Paradisio.

These folks know how to make a good margarita. Just 100% agave tequila, lime juice, some sort of triple sec ( usually cointreau or grand mariner) and a little sweet agave necter to smooth it out. I like margaritas where you taste the tequila, not some awful mixer and these guys do it with aplomb.

The emphisis is on quality here. The imaganitive array of cocktails are made with fresh squeezed fruit juice.

A great bar and . oh yeah, the food is decent too but bring along your own bottle of hot sauce if you want extra heat. The main thing here is quality libations and they do that REALLY well.

Just look at the drink menu on their website....damn! :cheers:

If you ever find yourself in Austin and want some GOOD cocktails, head to Opal Divine's.

I saw a place in Austin on the Food network channel with great BBQ and at night Blues music. Ever been there Chuck? Looked like a good time.

cyotefishing said:
I saw a place in Austin on the Food network channel with great BBQ and at night Blues music. Ever been there Chuck? Looked like a good time.

Sounds like Stubbs.

http://www.stubbsaustin.com/

The original Stubbs was a smaller place that had mostly blues music. The present one is more of a "tribute" to C. B. Stubblefield's place in Lubbock ( though he later relocated to Austin). It's a medium to large music venue.

Yeah, I've been there. Nice place. Iggy and The Stooges played there last SXSW. I couldn't get in but listened from the street. Badass set.

Chuk...we will have to meet up around labor day if you are around...we play in the Luckenbach Dancehall "labor day saturday night", Saturday before labor day. This will be the sixth year we have had the saturday night gig in Luckenbach.

I would love to try Opal's and maybe even Stubb's. Problem is, me getting away from the tree behind the store with my buddies and tipping a few cool ones just doesn't happen usually.

Song I wrote...called Luckenbach Moon...last verse is my epitaph

-----
south grape creek trickles most of the time
that luckenbach sky refreshes your mind
i remember that evening, it was late afternoon,
prez' doin' the spiderwalk under luckenbach moon

that drive down south on 281
fresh like morning dew in the early spring sun
the vistas keep changing year after year
that's why my memories, they are so clear

chorus
time is so precious and friends are so dear
with loved ones around, I have nothing to fear
let's all sit down and pick us an old country tune
in the hill country heart, 'neath the luckenbach moon

there's nothing there, 'cept a store and some trees
a bar in the back, where you do as you please
a post office, a dancehall, and an old cotton gin
when the music starts playin', they all start to grin

i told my family a long time ago,
"burn my body and let the ashes snow,
you all have some fun, try and take a week
let fly my remains to south grape creek
-------

do yo know any of the hill country musicians that frequent Luckenbach?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear AJ. The present Stubbs is in Austin and so am I. ,,,but if you come down, look me up!

Nice song by the way...you must have the soul of a poet...

AJ, did the leave the word "creek" out of the last line of your song?

Back