• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Anywhere to eat in Dublin or Columbus Ohio?

Doing the 8 hour drive Friday for UFC 96 Saturday night. The hotel we are staying in is in Dublin, while Saturday's event is in Columbus. Anyone have any recommendations?

Doesn't have to involve heat - just looking for some good grub.

millworkman said:
I am sure there are tons of places to eat...

uh, yeah...I was hoping to elliminate the bad ones...:rolleyes:

thehotpepper.com said:
Never been, but here's some spicy places:
Indian - www.indianoven.com - Columbus - Good Reviews
Thai - www.thaiorchidcolumbus.com - Dublin - Good Reviews
And non-spicy:
Italian - www.morettissawmill.com - Dublin - Good Reviews
Tommy's Diner - 914 West Broad Street, Columbus. Best diner from what I can find online. 50's-60's Style - Good Reviews
BBQ - www.hoggys.com/locations.cfm - Dublin

Thanks THP! I definitely see a stop at Hoggys when we roll in on Friday...not much like that up here in the tundra...and if I can drag the little missus to Indian Oven on Saturday, I'll be set...I've been eating double suicide beef curry at my local the last few weeks, so I have a taste for it...

Cheers.

Ken

millworkman said:
Just trying to help.;);)

Food is a funny thing. I can eat the hottest stuff with no issues. If I down a whopper, my stomach turns for hours...:sick:Haven't had one in over ten years...

Hot Canuck said:
Food is a funny thing. I can eat the hottest stuff with no issues. If I down a whopper, my stomach turns for hours...:sick:Haven't had one in over ten years...

Thats a good thing. I havent had any fast food besides subway for about 4. I used to work in the field and hated taking my lunch so we would go out to eat often, everytime I would have a fast food burger I would have stomach problems and colon explosions.

Fiesta Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - 2670 E. Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43231

Best Mexican Restruant between here and Los Angeles!

Hey, ya know, Cleveland is on the way to Columbus.... ;)

imaguitargod said:
Fiesta Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - 2670 E. Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43231

well, I believe we are travelling 90 and 71. Are you near there? I don't think the way down would work, but on the way back we definitely have to stop somewhere for lunch. Let me know dude.

and thanks for the Fiesta tip. Gotta squeeze that puppy in too...:cool:

imaguitargod said:

I found a nickel!

Cheers, TB.

imaguitargod said:
On the way back hit 71 North and then 271 North and you can jump off to see me. What day would you...ah hell, just PM me!

better yet - just give me the name and/or address of one of your favourite locals we all keep hearing about. I'll Mapquest it and see if we can jump off the highway for an hour for a pint and a bite. We will be heading out Sunday morning, so we should be in the area around 2 or 3...

texas blues said:
I found a nickel!

Cheers, TB.
HEY! That's my nickel!!!! Oh a squirrel!

: runs off and chases squirrel :

Hot Canuck said:
better yet - just give me the name and/or address of one of your favourite locals we all keep hearing about. I'll Mapquest it and see if we can jump off the highway for an hour for a pint and a bite. We will be heading out Sunday morning, so we should be in the area around 2 or 3...
Will do! Expect a PM in a few hours!

excellent - plse try and pick a place where I won't need a GPS and a sign from the heavens in order to get back on the highway...:cool:

thehotpepper.com said:
Never been, but here's some spicy places:
Indian - www.indianoven.com - Columbus - Good Reviews
Thai - www.thaiorchidcolumbus.com - Dublin - Good Reviews
And non-spicy:
Italian - www.morettissawmill.com - Dublin - Good Reviews
Tommy's Diner - 914 West Broad Street, Columbus. Best diner from what I can find online. 50's-60's Style - Good Reviews
BBQ - www.hoggys.com/locations.cfm - Dublin

Wow - Hoggys was amazing. Had the pulled Texas style brisket with grilled corn on the cob, yams, and corn bread. 10 out of 10. Indian and Mexican on tomorrows agenda. Thanks guys!

Iggy - we will see you Sunday. I will be with the pretty blonde who was my avatar for the last few weeks.

Glad I could help even though I've never been there :lol: but now I know where to go.

Hot Canuck said:
Iggy - we will see you Sunday. I will be with the pretty blonde who was my avatar for the last few weeks.
Groovy! Give me a call when you have the schedual more down so we can set a time to meet.

imaguitargod said:
Groovy! Give me a call when you have the schedual more down so we can set a time to meet.

Will do. With checkout at 11:00 though, you can expect us around 1:30 or two. Doing the meet and greet with Couture, Lesnar and some others tomomorrow morning, before grabbing lunch. If it's anything like the dinner my taste buds are going to be in heaven...

Back