• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Cherizo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrambled eggs with chorizo and cheese
Chorizo tacos
Chorizo pizza

I don't think I need to give instructions, quite self-explanatory. You asked for simple.

thehotpepper.com said:
Scrambled eggs with chorizo and cheese
Chorizo tacos
Chorizo pizza

I don't think I need to give instructions, quite self-explanatory. You asked for simple.
What about chorizo scrambled eggs?

Quite simple. Brown your chorizo first. The Mexican way is to take it out of the casing and saute it almost like ground beef, but a little clumpier. Just put the bulk of it in your pan and break it up with a wooden spoon.

Saute it with scallions or onions if you wish. When browned, removed and drain on a paper towel.

Scramble some eggs and shred some cheese.

Start cooking the eggs. Add the chorizo and cheese. Finish.

thehotpepper.com said:
Quite simple. Brown your chorizo first. The Mexican way is to take it out of the casing and saute it almost like ground beef, but a little clumpier. Just put the bulk of it in your pan and break it up with a wooden spoon.

Saute it with scallions or onions if you wish. When browned, removed and drain on a paper towel.

Scramble some eggs and shred some cheese.

Start cooking the eggs. Add the chorizo and cheese. Finish.
I'll have that Monday and thank you for the scrambled egg recipe, If I like it may I add it to my site and put your name as the original author on it?

Queso Flameado Con Chorizo

it is simple to make and not for those wishing to watch their health..lol

2 parts shredded cheese (combine any of the following - montery jack,asadero,mozzarella or any smoked white cheese)
1 part Chorizo (can be smoked lightly)

i usually use 2 bags of the 2 cup pkgs and half a chub of chorizo

- cook chorizo - you want some of the meat to be dark almost black in color - keep draining fat off - make sure you get all of the fat

- once chorizo is fully cooked - put it into the bottom of a small glass baking dish - something like a small loaf pan

- put shredded cheese on top that

- bake at 350 until the top is bubbling and the outside of the dish is starting to brown

- serve hot

- to eat this, you simply spoon all that greasy goodness into a warm flour tortilla and maybe serve with some mexican pickled vegetables. works well with roasted garlic as well..

BamsBBQ said:
Queso Flameado Con Chorizo

it is simple to make and not for those wishing to watch their health..lol

2 parts shredded cheese (combine any of the following - montery jack,asadero,mozzarella or any smoked white cheese)
1 part Chorizo (can be smoked lightly)

i usually use 2 bags of the 2 cup pkgs and half a chub of chorizo

- cook chorizo - you want some of the meat to be dark almost black in color - keep draining fat off - make sure you get all of the fat

- once chorizo is fully cooked - put it into the bottom of a small glass baking dish - something like a small loaf pan

- put shredded cheese on top that

- bake at 350 until the top is bubbling and the outside of the dish is starting to brown

- serve hot

- to eat this, you simply spoon all that greasy goodness into a warm flour tortilla and maybe serve with some mexican pickled vegetables. works well with roasted garlic as well..
Bam, That sounds killer.

PhatManDerek said:
Bam, That sounds killer.

bam.jpg

I'm going to do this.

brown the chorizo, make scrambles eggs with green onions, and some onions, finishing with chorizo and my salsa.

Fry 2 3-4 corn tortilla's.

PhatManDerek said:
I'm going to do this.

brown the chorizo, make scrambles eggs with green onions, and some onions, finishing with chorizo and my salsa.

Fry 2 3-4 corn tortilla's.

add a few fried potatoes or hashbrowns in the mix some cheese, add some salso verde, you have a perfect breakfast burrito.(we eat this every sunday)

BamsBBQ said:
add a few fried potatoes or hashbrowns in the mix some cheese, add some salso verde, you have a perfect breakfast burrito.(we eat this every sunday)
Now your talking my language. I really love breakfast burrito's

BamsBBQ said:
i like most mexican food, even the parts that most people would not find so appetizing.
I know what you mean, Hell I have to ask for habanero salsa when I go to mexican places. How ever I bring my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back