• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Garden size??

How big is yours??
my garden measures 25' X 40'.

I was out back today looking at my mess. The back of my property is saturated.

I was trying to figure out if my Garden is large enough or if I am gonna expand. Wife said to leave it this size so I got to wondering what size garden everyone else has?

All my plants are in pots right now (150 of them), but depending on the bucks (and seeds I can get) I got an area of approx 30' x 60' and 15' x 30' I could use for later this year, fingers crossed :fire:

my whole back yard is my garden and growing with containers, the only limitation is how many do I want to mess with...I figure, the more plants I grow, the less grass I have to mow...here is a rough sketch of the shape of the yard...

backyardlayout.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
my whole back yard is my garden and growing with containers, the only limitation is how many do I want to mess with...I figure, the more plants I grow, the less grass I have to mow...her is a rough sketch of the shape of the yard...

Hey why not, that's what I'm aiming at, I got the area, just gotta do a bit of planning the only thing holding me back is getting enough of the seeds and cuttings ready for August....:onfire:

Like your way of going about things AJ, think about it, work out a way to do it and put it down on paper...theres no stopping you....

I've got several acres which I grow on but a lot of that is in containers, and not all that space is for peppers. I also have a lot of trees and rocky ground to deal with since I live in a forest:(

i have about 200'x30' garden but i can use for peppers only about 30'x15'. rest is used by fruit trees, potatoes and other vegetables.

AlabamaJack said:
m..here is a rough sketch of the shape of the yard...

just a rough sketch? I'm disappointed I expected more from you AJ...something drawn to scale perhaps?

but seriously where you're at in texas you have a lot of grass or is it too dry?

SWMBO will always say keep it the same!;)

Mine is 4 3x12 raised beds.....that is 108 sq ft, but the peppers are always hanging over the edges roughly a foot all around, so it is a little more than that.

Trust me, you will want more next year....and the next....and the next...

Does anyone not have to compromise with SWMBO?

(SHUT UP AJ ;))

peter pepper said:
just a rough sketch? I'm disappointed I expected more from you AJ...something drawn to scale perhaps?

but seriously where you're at in texas you have a lot of grass or is it too dry?

It was drawn to scale but I didn't copy the grid lines.. :)

by default the grass grows from watering the plants in the containers...its funny...in December when I move the pots, there is a grid of green circles with brown/black centers....

wife doesn't really care...this is MY back yard as she has told me and I could do anything I wanted to as long as I kept it looking nice...it is attrocious right now tho...

Dont laugh but my space is only 10 x 12. The rest will be in containers where ever I can find someone to let me drop off stuff. I dont own a home and even that little space is at a friends house. When things get going I should probably just post a map, bhuts on main street, jalepenos on elm street etc. lol

Back