• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ol MAn STillmanz competition wings

The Wing comp is nearly upon us so thought I'd knockup a batch.
For our Fiery Wing Challenge I prefere to make my take on Southern fried chicken.
the wings are marinated in a blend of spice and chilli overnight then floured and left to sit for at least 2 hours to allow the flour to soak up the marinade.
then deep fried.
then they will be coated in our Quadrophonic wing sauce and served. heres a pic
I don't have any wing sauce made but this is whats in it.
DSCF3047.jpg

the wings on there own are delicious. you can double flour them if you want a bigger crust but I like them like this.

Looks good! It does look like southern fried chicken. Beggin' for sauce.

They look like good fried chicken....Not that I've ever seen good fried chicken with my own eyes, cause when I cooked some it turned out sh*t....:lol:

My arse cheeks are screaming in pain just at the thought of that sauce....:hell:

the sauce will be sambal like so yes, lots of chillies per wing.
I willbe processing it in the next week or so, I'm still waiting on a few Scorpions to ripen.

Hey stillz that looks great. Have you tried marinating the chicken in buttermilk? That is the secret to badass southern fried chicken. (you gotta let it sit 12-24 hours )

Try it and see if people don't shit a whole pallet of bricks when they taste it.

You can add whatever spices and other goodies you see fit to the buttermilk marinade as well. I imagine the fat in the milk would help extract capsaicin from the peppers in the marinade but haven't tried that yet.

Im wondering what legal category the sauce will fit into. So far the list is:
Culpable Homicide
Negligent Homicide
Wilful Murder
Grevious Bodily Harm
Assault with a deadly weapon
Deprivation of Liberty
Manslaughter
Attempted {insert all above}

stillmanz][IMG said:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/stillmanz/DSCF3047.jpg[/IMG]

You did something wrong here. Did you follow PMD's "hab in sauce" instructions?
;)
Sorry PMD, but that was classic.

there will be waivers to be signed before the event, honestly I don't beliecve the sauce is going to be hotter than say the Def Con Creators DMK11
It will be hot but not dangerous, I think it require Extract to become potentially dangerous. lol

All Natural sauces can cause a fair bit of discomfort but nothin beats the gut busting from extract products..

Guinea Pig Number One Reports...

I took Stillmanz up on his promise today. I rocked up, brought chicken 'drumettes'. He cooked em, bathed em in the sauce, and I attempted to eat them.

Six were cooked. Now, I coulda eaten them all in one sitting. But, as things turned out I had some business assets to ruin, and, well, got distracted. (New shop window looks great BTW.)

I am glad that there was a break in the middle, for it gave me a chance to relive the absolute delight of nomming the sauce a second time.

Now the deets: It is a natural sauce, has full bodied texture, and excellent flavours quite detectable in the heat. I could definately make out the Naga for flavour, and 7's for added heat. This was an amazing experience.

Potential contestants: read no further!

First drumette took my breath away, only temporarily, and initially, the heat wasn't too extreme, just surprising at 11 in the morning. So I dug in, and had to stop for other reasons.

After a few minutes, the heat did build, but it wasn't the mouth capsaicin hit that was hurting, it was the sauce that had gotten to other places. (Thanks for the gloves, so glad I had em on.)

The heat subsided after a while, and then the second batch were consumed with the remaining sauce in the bowl. I wanted to stick my head in and lick the vessel clean, but didn't want to risk hot sauce on my forehead, hair and possibly eyes.

I gotta say that I was dorfin' all afternoon, and when I got home, I had to have a bit of a kip.

I did get some naga belly as to be expected, but it passed quickly.

All up, I'd say a fantastic sauce that will be perfect for Round 1 on 7 April at the Full Moon(?) Hotel.

If this was jr high, I'd give it A+ for flavour and texture. Heat, in keeping with my search for a hotter natural sauce and needing to leave room for hotter (I got that dragon by the tail godammit!!!), an A. On the night, I hope to test Round 2's sauce, and score it A and 1/2+.

Thanks to the saucier!

RS

lol
good review RS and of couse you will be allowed to sample the round 2 additive.
Dorfing its Quadshots new word look it up its in the urban dictionary.
kip (to have a little nap (afternoon sleep)

stuffs pretty hot hey, I've had pweople ringing all afternoon to be in the comp lol
crazy bastards.

Tester: person willing to sample some with no prospect of winning or gaining anything.

Contestant: Nova. Possibility of winning comp and gaining trophy. Mate, you're gonna love it!

RS

Back