• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chilis

thehotpepper.com said:
Anyone cultivate chilis?

If by "cultivate" you mean "grow", I've got a lovely Mr. Naga plant, struggling to survive the winter, on my kitchen window sill. Hottest danged pepper I ever tasted!!! :shock:

Tina you mean the naga jolaka(spelling?) I hear those seeds are hard to get.

I have a few that I don't know if they will make it through
fatalii, kung pow and marble, but it's sedd starting season again.
Marv

Naga whosawhatsit???

fatalliman said:
Tina you mean the naga jolaka(spelling?) I hear those seeds are hard to get.
Probably exactly what I mean, Marv. Peter, the guy that gave us the plant said he was told it's a Mr. Naga... beyond that, Naga Jolaka (Yolaka???) sounds great. :shock:

Felt like I'd been whacked in the chest with a wrecking ball, I near passed out from the pain of the heat of this pepper... It took 2 Zantac to alleviate! The pepper is a brilliant red, heart shaped, but the fruit is sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet... If (huge emphasis on the "if") we get any peppers this year, I'll save some seeds for you... We're going to try and germinate the seeds from last year's crop (4 peppers) and if you remind me later, I'll let you know if or how they grew.

I've got a pic of the plant, with last year's crop still on it, around here somewhere, btw.

T.

Tina, from the pic you emailed me mr naga looks like a red fatalii to me.
I have seen USDA plants pics of the same characteristics, and I posted a the pic for some chileheads to ID it, many of these people grow hundreds of varieties and will let you know what some of the opinions are.
Marv

Mr. Naga... Fatalli...

Now I'm confused. lol

Let me know what the 'sperts come up with and if indeed it's not a "Mr. Naga", I'll have to let Peter know -- I'm not the only one he's shared these seeds, this plant with.

T.

Welcome glad to have another person that grows chiles to talk with there are a few of us
Went to your site looks like it will be very informative. I noticed you have a seed swap area on your forum. I have a bunch of seed to share you can see a list of the seeds I can share with your members go to our site www.katoproductions.com/forums/
All these seeds were grown not isolated but they have grown true for us.

Mick
KATO'S

I dont have many members as of yet I just started the design this past weekend. I havent started advertising it as of yet waiting until its completed. Hopefully ill have it ready to move to its own server By April Fools. But i will go over your page and maybe add it to my page lists

Peter_L said:

Maybe someone should post in that thread too!  :D

You and me both... (and my car just rolled out of the factory)

And to keep on topic, yes, I do grow chilis!

Peter_L ???  What is this, a Peter S knockoff account?  I want my brand name back!

haha, I kid.

Back