• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Yelllow or red Bell peppers?

Hehe. Well that depends on when you pick it ;)

I haven't picked any out yet, Halls will not get the plans in until May.

I'm thinking 1 red & 1 yellow, then I was thinking 3 tomato plants.

Umm, I mean when you pick the pepper off the plant.

I don't think you get it :lol:

A traditional bell pepper starts out green, turns yellow, then orangish, then red. Whatever color you want, pick it at that color.

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't think you get it :lol:

A traditional bell pepper starts out green, turns yellow, then orangish, then red. Whatever color you want, pick it at that color.
Oh egg on my face,

Did I get all the egg off my face? LOL.

Ok I get it now lol.

Well depends on the pepper. some peppers turn yellow, some red and some to other colors. depends on which one you like best.

I've read about white and purple ones.

I've seen purple, brown and many other colors.
It's not just the color, you do know that, right?
I mean some yellow bells are as sweet as honey, but my favorite bell (which is yellow) tastes different and isn't sweet as all.

The orange ones are higher in beta-carotene, and purple ones have high levels of anthocyanins, but its not just color, some bells are better for frying some are better fresh, and some are better for stuffing etc.

Omri said:
I've seen purple, brown and many other colors.
It's not just the color, you do know that, right?
I mean some yellow bells are as sweet as honey, but my favorite bell (which is yellow) tastes different and isn't sweet as all.

I'm growing purple beauty's, quatrado d'asti giallo, and king of the north. I kinda covered the main colors I think!;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Hehe. Well that depends on when you pick it ;)

?

My yellows ripened from green to yellow and my reds from green to red lol.

They tasted slightly different IMO. But sweet peppers are great, derek you should let at least 1 or 2 ripen til they're almost soft then eat it like an apple. half mine got eaten whole straight off the plant.:cool:

Yeah, I know there's different varieties, but I thought a regular bell went from green, to yellowish, to red. If you want yellow you can pick it early. If you want red let it ripen. That's all. I could be wrong of course, not a grower, just an eater ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Yeah, I know there's different varieties, but I thought a regular bell went from green, to yellowish, to red. If you want yellow you can pick it early. If you want red let it ripen. That's all. I could be wrong of course, not a grower, just an eater ;)

Yeah, I just had plain ol red & yellow bells, and the red would go from green, to kinda brownish or blackish green before turning rosy and then red. The yellow ones would go from green to lighter greenish/yellow to yellow.

You should give growing a shot. Or have you seen what happens to all of us and just decided to avoid the addiction? :lol:

Back