• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

First blooms!

Actually, pre-blooms because they haven't opened yet. But my Siletz plant has a cluster of about 4 blooms at the top of the plant. It has been in water for no more than six weeks, probably less than five and was transplanted when roots came through the bottom of the rockwool. Except for the first week or ten days, no grow lights at all have been used.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Mike

I wasn't expecting blooms - not for a couple of weeks. Geez, this plant will be pushed to measure 24" tall from the top of the bucket.

I usually try to get pics on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, depending on what day I am at the office and remember to take the camera. I will have some, especially if they bloom!

Mike

As promised! They still have not opened up yet but they are getting real close.

320blooms.jpg

Mike

This plant has so many suckers they are hard to count. Some of them are almost as tall and thick as some of my seedlings.

I switched to a bloom and fruit nuit today. Checked the ppm and it was 720 before adding four ounces of diluted fert plus the obligatory two multi-vitamins.

Learned not to count my fruits before they set, though. I had a Green Sausage plant upstairs that had dozens and dozens of blooms over a six-week period and only three converted into fruits. But, this plant is growing under sunlight and is parthenocarpic so hopefully I'll get better results. I really want a (Kentucky)Derby Day tomato. 43 days and counting!

Mike

Ciao Mike-

Isn't that fun? I like to grow a few very early types, mostly very small micro-dwarfs several weeks before I seed the others. Quite a bit of the joy I get from that is just having green things growing of my own when it's still tunderiffic outside. Those first flower buds are always a thrill. I moved my 2 Whippersnapper cherries to a south-facing window about a week ago and they have flower buds on them. With this variety, I can often get cherry tomatoes by Canada Day.

Nice
I've been eating cherry toms for several weeks now, but they are only tiny-tims and not really the most flavorful. I still have to start most of my tom seeds this week or next.

From bud to bloom - ten days! The plant has gone ballistic - growing wise. Had to add another row of string today, six inches above the last one (I built an el cheapo cage of PVC pipe and tie a string around it every six inches). I did that Tuesday and had to do another row today. This plant has to be related to a duck the way it has taken to water. I counted 30 buds/blooms and there are still probably a dozen suckers growing that don't have buds yet.

I hope these blooms/buds convert to fruit. I had very good luck with a parthenocarpic cucumber this winter as far as setting fruit goes so am keeping my fingers crossed. I have 35 days for a tomato to form and ripen to meet my target.

Mike

Back