• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat What's the hottest pod you can eat whole

What's the hottest Whole pod you can eat?

• Total voters
I voted for the Habanero. I've eaten a few of them before(grilled). I am looking forward to eating my Naga Morich's when they are ready.

Ok, before everyone begins pounding they're chests, does that include the entire pod including the seeds and placental tissue?

Guitargod - What is your approach to eating the Naga. Fresh, cooked, whole or flesh only? And please film it!!!

sixstring75 said:
Guitargod - What is your approach to eating the Naga. Fresh, cooked, whole or flesh only? And please film it!!!
First I will eat a slice of it. Then I will eat a seed. Then I will cook it on the BBQ and eat it. I'll film it, but it will be on a VHS so I won't really be able to post it(I'll try to use the digital camera to see if that will work...). But many pictures will be taken.

I think we should vote for "whole pod" seeds and all, although more options might be interesting. I voted for other chinenses. I like to have something in between real jalapenos and hot chinenses for whole pod eating.

POTAWIE said:
I think we should vote for "whole pod" seeds and all, although more options might be interesting. I voted for other chinenses. I like to have something in between real jalapenos and hot chinenses for whole pod eating.

I agree, just wanted a little clarification since it makes one hell of a difference. I have stopped consuming whole pods a while ago. I like to break a good sweat while I eat, not leave footprints on the bathroom wall the following day. But if I had to, after a little beer pressure, followed by a little peer pressure, I might consume something beyond a Jalapeno, but I don't really see myself running after any opportunities. Go ahead call me a wussy!! I can take it.....

sixstring75 said:
I agree, just wanted a little clarification since it makes one hell of a difference. I have stopped consuming whole pods a while ago. I like to break a good sweat while I eat, not leave footprints on the bathroom wall the following day. But if I had to, after a little beer pressure, followed by a little peer pressure, I might consume something beyond a Jalapeno, but I don't really see myself running after any opportunities. Go ahead call me a wussy!! I can take it.....
Wussy.

:shocked:

imaguitargod said:
First I will eat a slice of it. Then I will eat a seed. Then I will cook it on the BBQ and eat it. I'll film it, but it will be on a VHS so I won't really be able to post it(I'll try to use the digital camera to see if that will work...). But many pictures will be taken.

LOL

I want THAT on tape!!!

If you can handle eating a naga, I want a copy of that VHS!

T

Tina Brooks said:
If you can handle eating a naga, I want a copy of that VHS!
I will get you a tape, just remind me when I post the "Passow's Just Had A Whole Eaten In Him By A Pepper" thread (probably in September).

I really don't think I'll be able to handle it. I'll probably be on the floor crying in pain with snot dripping out of my nose. Then I'll be reduced to a puddle of pain with drool streaming from my mouth...in other words, this is going to be fun and funny!

Jonathan, promise me that you'll go easy on it... Extract sauces that clock in at the potential heat level of these nagas require waivers for good reason.

T

Tina Brooks said:
Jonathan, promise me that you'll go easy on it... Extract sauces that clock in at the potential heat level of these nagas require waivers for good reason.

T
Sorry, I can make no such promises.

imaguitargod said:
I really don't think I'll be able to handle it. I'll probably be on the floor crying in pain with snot dripping out of my nose. Then I'll be reduced to a puddle of pain with drool streaming from my mouth...in other words, this is going to be fun and funny!

You're a glutton for punishment, too?

I did a fresh Hab once on a dare. For a six pack of Kalik.
And no, i couldn't really handle it. It was out of my league quite a bit. The guy i got the habanero from ate 15 right in front of me(all the while laughing at me as well). I couldn't believe my eyes. This dude must have a colon made from titanium or something

Sickmont said:
You're a glutton for punishment, too?

I did a fresh Hab once on a dare. For a six pack of Kalik.
And no, i couldn't really handle it. It was out of my league quite a bit. The guy i got the habanero from ate 15 right in front of me(all the while laughing at me as well). I couldn't believe my eyes. This dude must have a colon made from titanium or something
15! Now that is a real man!

Trick people by growing no-heat varieties that look similar to real hotties. Eat the heatless and trick the gullable.

Hot pepper party tricks by Potawie

T'was no mere parlor trick, sir. The one i ate i grabbed off the same plate of them he had in his kitchen. And it lit me up but good. And he broke a decent sweat after number two, but just kept going and going.
Maybe thats the trick...just jam 'em down your throat before they get a chance to light you up...of course, i'd hate to him on the can later on that night.

I eat at least 1 of each variety that comes out of my garden when I pick them. This has included Caribbean Red, Devil's tongue, Fatalli, and the Red Savina.

P_Schneider said:
I eat at least 1 of each variety that comes out of my garden when I pick them. This has included Caribbean Red, Devil's tongue, Fatalli, and the Red Savina.

And which was the hottest?

Back