• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

THROW DOWN SOME CHILI!!!

last night on food network was a show called throw down with bobby flay

last night cindy reed wilkins 2 time terlinqua champion back to back was on to cook chili against bobby. as a chili freak i loved watching it and if yall want to catch it it comes on again food network july 30th at 4pm and 11pm(im guessing eastern time) and again july 31st at 2 am.

That's a fun show. I'll tune in, as I'm curious to see what bizzare ingredients the Flay-meister puts in his "chili".

I should have added another option on my poll.....i realy dont love em or hate em i just wish i could cook like him. hes got the touch.
i would tell you his weird ingredient but ill let it be a suprise.

just got thur e mailing cindy's husband and i guess he runs he company anyway i have orderd a texas style chili mix from her and will be making it here at work.. i will give a review after i make it.
one thing i liked about her site...her shipping wasnt crazy..i ordered 1 pack of chili mix for 5 bucks and im gonna pay 1.25 for shipping. sometimes on ebay i get miffed at someone that will charge like 20 dollars for shiping and when you get it the sticker reads 2.50. most of the time i know its comming but still like to get miffed every once in a while....keeps the blood flowing.

bubbaschili said:
I should have added another option on my poll.....i realy dont love em or hate em i just wish i could cook like him. hes got the touch.

Ya, I'd vote for that one.

I voted for love him but now I feel dirty.

potawie ever see the movie bachelor party with tom hanks?? you need to take a shower like the little short guy did in the movie.:)

bubbaschili said:
potawie ever see the movie bachelor party with tom hanks?? you need to take a shower like the little short guy did in the movie.:)

Its been a long time, but I remember. How about the shower scene in Ace Ventura when he discovers the chick is a dude.

same concept with bachelor party...the little dude has a roll in the bed with a tall marilyn monroe type and he has this look of love on his face...then she walks buy him takes a leak...............standing up.....it was not pretty.

bubbaschili said:
same concept with bachelor party...the little dude has a roll in the bed with a tall marilyn monroe type and he has this look of love on his face...then she walks buy him takes a leak...............standing up.....it was not pretty.
Which was ripped off in the movie "Rockstar".

havent seen rockstar.....but it is kinda funny how stuff repeats itself...i was watching i love lucy the other day and saw a episode that other shows have done over and over and over.........same story differnt show.

wow now the poll is 2 2 2
2 love em
2 hate em
2 haven seen em
this has got to be the closest poll in thehotpper.com history.
the reason i put up the poll is a friend of mine i was telling about the show with cindy the chili champion and when i mentioned that flay was gonna be on there he went balistic.......man i hate that arrogan blank blankety blank blank.
hmmmmmm which makes me think of another poll.

I didn't vote because you didn't have a "he's OK" option. I don't have a strong oppinon on him. He can be fairly annoying but I like some of his recipes.

bubbaschili said:

He isn't afraid of chilis or open flame, I'll give him that. I really think he has very few tricks up his chef coat and is just recycling a few ideas with minor changes. He seems to always have an excuse at the start of competitions. I don't have alot of admiration for him.

I personally like Alton Brown myself. I have 9 seasons of Good Eats on dvd.
You get some history, science and good food all in one. Plus he's creative with his show presentation.

mmmaaaaaan i love alton brown......well you know i don't "love" alton brown i mean......clears throat......i mean i love his show....i want all the dvddddddds

LOL, Do you wanna marry him?(In a little girls voice)
Bubba, just use bit comet and use iso hunt to find them.
Or you can buy them from the food network site.

Back