• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Radishes

So who is growing spring radishes?

I planted about 40 seeds (Burpee Red Emperor Hybrid) in two square containers last week. Today, I got sprouts!:cool:

mmm i love em !

i eat them raw with bread and toms..lol

never thought of growing them though and didnt know they had varities of them either..

I'm growing Cherry Belle and White Icicle. Mine are growing in the garden even as we speak. I have a row of each planted. You should be able to start yours outside by seed now. They take cold weather pretty good

Cherry belle and white icicle here too. + French Breakfast and Daikon. Radishes will grow here year round but don't do that well in August and September.

Oh yeah, growing radishes and found something new..winter radishes. You can plant them later and then pick before frost and they last in refrigerator for a long time. I have chinese rose, chinese white and black spanish. I can't wait to try them. They get 6-8 inches too, wow.

Black Spanish radishes are the sh1t! I love those, but haven't seen them around for a couple years here. I'll have to mail order foe next winter. But next winter can wait.

I tried growing them last year but it got too hot too early so the
Radishes got "hot" too instead of mild and sweet. Probably didn't help I slacked on watering lol I hear they prefer to be kept moist.

Back