• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Tacoz & Popperz!

What am I gonna do w/ all this food???

tacospoppers001.jpg

Jalapenos all emptied out. Aren't they pretty?

tacospoppers002.jpg

No habaneros were harmed in making this meal. Well, except maybe these guys.

tacospoppers003.jpg

Here's the popper filling. It contains cream cheese, sharp cheddar, garlic powder, & a handful of those chopped habs.

tacospoppers004.jpg

Ended up making a TON of taco meat! I'm gonna have tacos for a week!

tacospoppers006.jpg

Dinner time!

tacospoppers008.jpg

Gratuitous action shot. Look how much I'm sweating!

tacospoppers009.jpg

WOW! You sure didn't disappoint Impy. Taco's and poppers are gorgeous! Did you use that turkey bacon on the poppers? What are the differences in flavor/texture over regular bacon? Looks like you also either used turkey burger straight or a combo of beef and turkey. Maybe I need to try that although I do the healthy 'thang all week just to get down old school on the weekend. Mighty fine spread there cute girl you. Well done!

:tosses Impy an Alaskan Amber:

Cheers, TB.

I prefer wrapping the poppers in regular bacon, but since I was making soooo much food I thought I should cut some calories :). Turkey bacon is OK tasting, but it's a lot drier than regular bacon & quite a bit more bland.

I did indeed use both ground turkey & lean ground beef for the taco meat. This is the first time I tried that combo for the taco meat & it turned out pretty good. I just didn't think I'd have THAT much crumbled meat!

And thanx for the beer!

And Iggy, thanx for the McFly comment :).

Good munchies ya have there Impy!

I love making stuff like taco meat up so there's leftovers for a few days. Taco burgers, burritos, nachos, in scrambled eggs for breakfast...yummy all. ;)

origamiRN said:
Thanks for the pictorial. I was wondering how to make poppers!

We have a very large thread you should check out then. It is dedicated to the virtues of the almighty popper. Mmmmmmm Poppers is it's name.

Very nicely done Impy! I have a little drool starting here.

I made a taco wit my evile beef mixture, and wrapped IN a chicken adn rice burrito. All slatheerd in cheese and El yecoteco.

Saves time. ;)

Tacoz look great and the poppers.....well......you have out done yourself.

Top job impy...

I salute you young lady...:)

Very nice and inspiring!

Unfortunately I didn't have time and opportunity to make poppers this weekend. I cleared out the garden to make some space for my pepper plants... ...so even without poppers no time wasted.

Interesting. You cut your peppers in half and then put them back together with bacon! lol.

Thanx for the comments, guys. And THP...bacon makes great tape :).

Oh & Quad I always think of you whenever I have the desire to make an odd burrito. Soon, I'm gonna make a burrito out of my meat & hab mixture (and maybe add a bit more hab), refried beans, & 2 sunny side up eggs.

thehotpepper.com said:
Interesting. You cut your peppers in half and then put them back together with bacon! lol.

Works great. When I deep fry poppers, I stuff each side level, put back together and put them in the freezer for an hour or so to set. Then out they come into a little cream, flour, then beer batter, into the fryer. Same same when bacon wrapping.
Impy is all over the popper 'thang in spades!!

Cheers, Tango Bravo.

ImpyChick said:
Quad I always think of you whenever I have the desire to make an odd burrito. Soon, I'm gonna make a burrito out of my meat
:eek:

I apologize but I had to take that out of context!
Drinking does that to you....
Carry on... ignore me.

Back