• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing San Pedro

Well I know here the usage or processing of Mescaline is illegal, but there's nothing against just growing it. not sure 'bout the US...

San pedro cactus is perfectly legal here. And surprisingly common lol. I've seen 5 foot tall specimens with branches for about 60 bucks at the local cactus an succulent society meetings.

yeah from what I understand from Wikipedia ornamental use of San pedro and Peyote are legal, but if you sell it for consumption or extract the mescaline it becomes illegal. My 2 problems are I just don't know who to trust on ebay that will sell authentic species and wikipedia is not the best source of legal information lol.

FiveSix said:
yeah from what I understand from Wikipedia ornamental use of San pedro and Peyote are legal, but if you sell it for consumption or extract the mescaline it becomes illegal. My 2 problems are I just don't know who to trust on ebay that will sell authentic species and wikipedia is not the best source of legal information lol.
So don't buy it off eBay. cacti fans usually group together... find some.

that's true, Im just a member of so many forums I don't know if I have the energy to infiltrate the "inner cacti circle" I was hoping someone here knew a good source.

PS I'm no Noob! lol

FiveSix said:

Like i said, its a really common cactus. And legal. So Id bet the ones on ebay are what they say they are. Hell I've even seen specimens for sale at Home Depot before.

I had a friend that grew one (still does grow the same one) and he harvested the top of it a few years back and brewed it. Said it was the most vile tasting liquid he's ever tried to choke down. But got fucked up. :lol:

FiveSix said:
I wanna get a san pedro (TRICHOCEREUS PACHANOI) cacti, it's totally legal right? I found a guy on ebay but Im scared they're fakin the funk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250393635332

I've never eaten it and I probably don't plant to but after watching the Shamans on the history channel I have to get one if it's legal.:shocked:

Yep, what that guy has is the right stuff. I'd recognize the plant anywhere. I've grown it and used it many times (it only has 5% less mescaline than Payote). Payote is illegal in the US to grow and use, San Pedro is legal to grow but illegal to use....but that's never stopped me ;)

imaguitargod said:
San Pedro is legal to grow but illegal to use....but that's never stopped me ;)

Is it subtle or intense?

EDIT: I bought this today for 5$. It's a Torch Cactus. I bought it because i heard a lot of people confuse it with San Pedro and I want to compare them lol.

4-7-2009005.jpg

FiveSix said:
Is it subtle or intense?
You need to consume a certain amount, so it doesn't really matter how potent it is. it's pretty intense, especially if you're not familiar with those types of "trips", or so I've heard. :whistle:

BTW Peruvian Torch has Mescaline in it as well.

FiveSix said:
Is it subtle or intense?

EDIT: I bought this today for 5$. It's a Torch Cactus. I bought it because i heard a lot of people confuse it with San Pedro and I want to compare them lol.

4-7-2009005.jpg

Yeah, the main difference I can see is that the area between the ribs is a lot deeper and inset than on the san pedro. The san pedro is more round with slight indentions instead of really pronounced, thin poking out ribs like that.

And yeah, what omri said. Plus lots of people have trouble vomiting after consumption. Doesn't mean you won't have a good time after the nausea subsides though lol.

Omri said:
You need to consume a certain amount, so it doesn't really matter how potent it is. it's pretty intense, especially if you're not familiar with those types of "trips", or so I've heard. :whistle:

Once about 10 years ago. I was on vacation in Amsterdam and entered something called a "smartshop" that sells all types of Fungi and other plants that induce a different state of mind. I bought the most tame thing they sold 3 grams of dry psylocybe cubensis. At first it was one of the greatest experiences of my life butlater I had a week long panic attack. I have a very active mind and deal with a lot of anxiety, Hallucinogens are not the best drugs for me since I have trouble riding the snake lol. However they do facinate me and I'm almost a little jealous of the people who can handle it. To grow something so powerful is just amazing to me, even though I wont consume it.

FiveSix said:
Is it subtle or intense?
Oh, it can be quite intense... Part of my first trip was spent talking to a large group of cacti that I found growing on the side of the road up in the Hollywood Hills for four hours (how could I miss them, they were glowing a bright orange color). They had alot to say since no one ever really spent time to talk to them. :shocked:

i once was a part owner of a 'smart shot' in Amsterdam where we sold many san pedro/peyote plants that were in the price of 250-1000 euro.. most plants were at the minimum age of 100 years if i recall correctly...

big sellers...

Cool, the one I went to was on Leidsestraat I think. I think a place like that is great where you can get something that someone will stand behind. Just go on youtube and read all the comments about people picking wild mushrooms, you will amazed what people will eat just because their friend tells them it will get them high. Dont forget the countless psylocybe growers who don't know how to properly sterilize and end up eating dangerous mold.

I heard a rumor that Holland is going to get rid of the smartshops or severely restrict them. It's a shame b/c I've never heard a negative news report about them. 75% of the people I know who have gone to holland to enjoy the coffeeshop experience didnt even know that you could buy that stuff there.

its not a tumor !, i mean a rumor..they are banning mushrooms and trying to get rid of smartshops... i dont care really, amsterdam is a great city with em or with out em...

i think it would be a fantastic city if they got rid of the red light district and all the drug dealers on every corner harrassing all the tourist...

Man i loved Amsterdam....Some of the best times of my life over in that smalll little lovely purple and green pink elephant rich place....He he he ! I am growing the San pedro....have got a few off ebay and they have been cool, had a bad survival rate though for some reason. But still....oh amsterdam!!!!! The germans are coming is one of the last things I yelled in the hostel late at night after visiting Anne Franks house and visiting a little corner fungi store LOL!!!! Bloody french toursits!

Back