• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Carroll Shelby Chili Mix

Usually avoid them cuz of MSG and other crap.

my "throw down" freestyle chili is based kinda on carol shelby....i use to work for a company that grocery retailed carol shelby's brown bag mix. i just got in the mail cpl of days ago a mix from 2 time world champion cindy wilkins i will try that and give you my opinion between her chili and carol shelbys......stay tuned........but of course if you want the best dry chili mix you need to try BUBBA'S CHILI or BUBBA'S BAD ATTITUDE CHILI MIX

love your site...i need to have a cpl of hours handy to just go to each link and enjoy it.........its all about chili........the dish........the bowl of chili......whoooooooooooooooooooooooo

okay, hubster decided he wanted chili and i didnt have my usual stock so i got shelby's as a starter. i added a cup of sandia super hot green chiles, a cup of chayamo dried red chilis, 2 chopped onions and 2 1/2 lbs ground turkey..drained the fat, added 2 cans dark red kidney beans, half a jar of mexana powder, stirred some more. hubster said it still needed something so he added 4 good size glops of defcon#1. announced it good enough for his lunches this week. and people wanna know why i don't go near meat.he can't wait to get some death in the desert. i spent the weekend roasting, cleaning and freezing 2 50 lb sacks of hatch chiles cause hubster is afraid we may run out. the stuff actually died my porcelin sink bright yellow. kewl.:P

I was in a cookoff and some folk (whom I wont mention)......used a mix for the CASI Red and placed.....grrrrrrrrrrr,,,,, did I say frickin GGGGGGRRRRRRRR.

kamikaze cowgirl said:
you can put beans in it but when you do, it's not a real bowl of red.

Not this debate again. Almost everyone's profile I've read prefers beans including myself. Maybe it's not a true bowl of red to southerners, but it sure is good.

there was one time at a cook off they were doing a "peoples choice" if they liked what you got you give em a ticket. well there was a guy at the very end that was telling people...and i know this because he told me out of his own mouth... if you give me that ticket ill give you a cold drink. so he won peoples choice. that kinda ticked me off for a while.

bubbaschili said:
there was one time at a cook off they were doing a "peoples choice" if they liked what you got you give em a ticket. well there was a guy at the very end that was telling people...and i know this because he told me out of his own mouth... if you give me that ticket ill give you a cold drink. so he won peoples choice. that kinda ticked me off for a while.

haha...nice cheating.. :shocked:

one thing about that event that made me feel good...i was the first tent right next to the place you get your sample cups...he was at the end....i had several people walk all the way back to where i was to give me there ticket and refused the drink to vote for me.....now that makes ya feel good.

Back