Guinness

I love Guinness. One summer day I was driving home from my parents' lake house and saw this sad sight on the road side. I had to snap a pic of it.

guinness_truck.jpg

Omri said:
Try Murphy's Irish Stout.

I have. It's nice. I have never met a stout that I have hated. Guinness is legend though. I've even had some at the brewery in Dublin, Ireland.

We have a Irish pub where I live and had some Guinness off course. Looks like a glass of black coffee but the taste is good!!.

lee said:
We have a Irish pub where I live and had some Guinness off course. Looks like a glass of black coffee but the taste is good!!.

Technically speaking, some people think that the farther you get from Ireland or the brew source, the worse it tastes. My wife is the daughter of Irish immigrants and she won't drink it except in Ireland. I know that any Guinness drank in North America is actually brewed in Canada, not Ireland. Same for Fosters - Canada, not Australia.

Is Guinness brewed in Canada Irish? Is Fosters brewed in Canada Australian??

Anyway, some of this is silly. My wife is silly. It's all in her head. An Indian friend was telling me that his wife won't drink Mango Lasse unless she is in India. Similar thought process at work, methinks.

you can't beat a really good pint o the black stuff, but beware of pubs that don't know how to keep guinness, i've had some piss poor pints in my time but i know the local pubs that i can and can't get a good well poured pint in

Guinness in Australia is actually very good when poured right. I've had Guinness in Scotland so I assume it's brewed in Ireland and it's just as good here. You just have to know which pubs not to drink it in.
:beer:

Sickmont said:
I watched someone do that a couple of times. I doubt i could do it myself though.

Apparently the shamrock is still meant to be there at the bottom of the glass when you've drunk it, my brother used to do it dinosaur years ago when he worked behind a bar in Liverpool.

the shamrock is just a gimmick and the irish only do it for the tourists, it don't make the pint taste any better.
a good pint of guinness should leave a line on the glass after every sip, so at the end of the pint you can count every sip

I actually like Black and Tans. I thought the first time I saw an Irish stout being poured into an English Ale the thing would explode like nitro glycerin. ;-)

worlok said:
I actually like Black and Tans. I thought the first time I saw an Irish stout being poured into an English Ale the thing would explode like nitro glycerin. ;-)

I LOVE real black and tans. Too bad most of the gin mills around here that have the capacity to make them charge so damn much for 'em.

Back