• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense What is a TFM Scotch Bonnet?

I see this one mentioned a lot as a favorite scotch bonnet. What does the TFM stand for, and where can I find seeds?

Thanks

It stands for Trenton farmer's market which is a market in NewJersey where the seeds "originated". I think Beth at peppermania carries them now

2934769051_cf48dd9b8c.jpg

It's a Scotch Bonnet that tells you all about it's bladder problems and gull stone passing stories....oh wait, that's a TMI Scotch bonnet :lol:

POTAWIE said:
It stands for Trenton farmer's market which is a market in NewJersey where the seeds "originated". I think Beth at peppermania carries them now

2934769051_cf48dd9b8c.jpg

These look tasty... They don't really have that tam o' shanter look though. I'll check with peppermania for seeds.

Mine last season looked a lot like them guidebook Scotch Bonnet, but those didn't came from Beth. growing those this season AND ones from Beth. looking for some pods as they were delicious.

FiveStar said:
I see this one mentioned a lot as a favorite scotch bonnet. What does the TFM stand for, and where can I find seeds?

Thanks

TheFatMan scotch bonnet. Hehe...you know who's gottem'.

Cheers, TB.

Good thread 5star and nice pic Potawie, I was wondering the same thing myself when I saw them mentioned in another thread. They look scrumptious in that photo. :)

Omri said:
Mine last season looked a lot like them guidebook Scotch Bonnet, but those didn't came from Beth. growing those this season AND ones from Beth. looking for some pods as they were delicious.

Never any pics Omri:(
Mine weren't from Beth either, she only just started selling these recently when they became popular in other pepper forums. I did grow some that were more tam shaped but like many of the bonnet shaped pods, I think this was an Annuum or an Annuum cross.

Top is possibly an Annuum or Annuum cross, while the bottom is a somewhat typical TFM shape. Both are from the same batch of seeds.

2934739111_6601c948cb.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Mine weren't from Beth either, she only just started selling these recently when they became popular in other pepper forums. I did grow some that were more tam shaped but like many of the bonnet shaped pods, I think this was an Annuum or an Annuum cross.

Top is possibly an Annuum or Annuum cross, while the bottom is a somewhat typical TFM shape. Both are from the same batch of seeds.

They looked nothing like the possible Annuum cross. if anything they looked a lot like the pods Chris once found. small, bonnet shape (although it was not consistent) and bright yellow (not orange or whatever color that in your pic). looked like Chinenses, too.

POTAWIE said:

The top ones are called " Jamaican Gold " there a cousin to the scotch bonnet ..

I always thought scotch bonnets were chinense, but growing some Jamaican yellow scotch bonnets this year and was surprised to see that the leaves/plants look more like anuums.

Are there both chinense and anuum scotch bonnets? Or are they a cross?

Back