• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest May 1-2, 2009 Pizza Toss Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here’s my entry into the Pizza Toss Off (hehehe…tossing off…hehehe). I call this creation “Passow’s Famous Pizza: Volcano Lava Hawaiian Pizza”.

The ingredients:
Fresh Pizza Dough
Freshly cut Mooooozerla cheese
1/8th teaspoon of Defcon ZERO Batch #6...or is it Batch 5....well, it's his latest batch... (mixed into the pizza sauce)
CaJohn’s Jolokia BBQ Sauce
Smoked, thick cut, Blackforest bacon
Pineapple
Zesty Blend (Chipotle Edition with 13 home grown peppers mixed in including Red Savina and Jolokia)
Smoked Black Peppercorn
A Whole Jolokia Pod (with seeds and placenta)
Powdered Saigon Cinnamon

I fried up the bacon, diced it, then soaked it in CaJohn’s Jolokis BBQ sauce for about 3 hours. I mixed the 1/8th tsp of ZERO into the pizza sauce and let it sit for an hour (to make sure the heat spread evenly). Then diced up the Jolokia pod (it was frozen in the basement from last years crop). I laid out the pizza, sauced it, put the ingredients under the cheese (to avoid them drying out while cooking).

Then covered it with the cheese, sprinkled some smoked black peppercorn and Saigon Cinnamon powder on top. Then I coated it in Zesty Blend. Cooked it, and consumed. It was pretty spicy, the earthiness of this batch of ZERO still was present and it all burned really good!!!

Here's the pics, enjoy:
hawaii1.jpg

hawaii2.jpg

hawaii3.jpg

hawaii4.jpg

Damn thats looks good enough to toss to -- Damn 10:16 a.m. and making and eating pizza ? tell me you had a beer with it as well

imaguitargod said:
Well, here’s my entry into the Pizza Toss Off (hehehe…tossing off…hehehe).

I keep doing the same thing here......reading the title and giggling my ass off.

That pie looks killer. I'd have added a little bit more pineapple on top of it after it was cooked.

LUCKYDOG said:
Damn thats looks good enough to toss to -- Damn 10:16 a.m. and making and eating pizza ? tell me you had a beer with it as well
Never too early for pizza! No beer b/c 20 minutes after making I left for a brewery.
Sickmont said:
I keep doing the same thing here......reading the title and giggling my ass off.

That pie looks killer. I'd have added a little bit more pineapple on top of it after it was cooked.
hehehe, I'm g;lad I'm not the only one who got the joke. As far as more pinneapple....balancve my friend, there must be flavor balance. any more and it would have been too sweet.
Nakana said:
Looks like a hell of an opening salvo!
: bows :

Thank you sir.

OMG, IGG that pizza looks like Munchies!!!!
Nice work!

Damn I'm hungry IGG

I'm sure i will have it down in 5 :D

Sorry man.. don't wanna spam this thread, but seems you have some cooking skills. Like a lot of people here. Really impressed but I can make a good Indonesian nasi goreng myself :D.

lee said:
OMG, IGG that pizza looks like Munchies!!!!
Nice work!

Damn I'm hungry IGG

I'm sure i will have it down in 5 :D

Sorry man.. don't wanna spam this thread, but seems you have some cooking skills. Like a lot of people here. Really impressed but I can make a good Indonesian nasi goreng myself :D.

Thanks, Lee. I'm a second generation pizza maked, my father tought me the ways of the Famous Passow Pizza. I have improved on his recipe and now I am the master. :lol:

Do a search for "Passow Pizza" here on the forums for more tasty pics...be sure to have a drool bucket ready.

imaguitargod said:
Thanks, Lee. I'm a second generation pizza maked, my father tought me the ways of the Famous Passow Pizza. I have improved on his recipe and now I am the master. :lol:

Do a search for "Passow Pizza" here on the forums for more tasty pics...be sure to have a drool bucket ready.

The Master? We shall see indeed. That pizza is pretty badass!

Cheers, TB.

Mine's in the oven. I did something ridiculously simple since I've never even attempted making pizza before. But, I hope they're good. Oh & no boozin' yet :(. I'm going to try to be good & sneak a trip to the gym here this evening to ward off all the impending pizza & beer calories :).

OK, here's what I started with: Roll of flaky biscuits, spicy Italian sausage, mozzarella, pizza sauce, pequin & hab powders (to mix into the sauce), an anaheim & 3 habaneros (habs not pictured, threw them in as an afterthought.

pizza001.jpg

Here are the lil pies about to go into the oven:

pizza002.jpg

Fresh from the oven:

pizza003.jpg

pizza004.jpg

These lil buggers are DELICIOUS & have more heat than I thought they would. I have TONS of leftover toppings & sauce...I may just have to go buy another tube of biscuits!

Impy you get a 10 for innovation with the biscuits! You're giving mrs. blues biscuit ideas. The little mini's look outstanding! Oozy goozy....oh snap! Now you'll have to go one further...Brekkie Pizza!!

I'm heating up the pizza stone on the grill right now. Putting together pizza #1.

Cheers, TB.

This is in honor of pizza night, I ordered pizza, but I wanted to show you one from my favorite joint.

It's your classic Margherita, from a brick wood-fired oven.

Attachments

• margheritapizza.jpg
    margheritapizza.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 117
ImpyChick said:
OK, here's what I started with: Roll of flaky biscuits, spicy Italian sausage, mozzarella, pizza sauce, pequin & hab powders (to mix into the sauce), an anaheim & 3 habaneros (habs not pictured, threw them in as an afterthought.

These lil buggers are DELICIOUS & have more heat than I thought they would. I have TONS of leftover toppings & sauce...I may just have to go buy another tube of biscuits!

Bravo! Everything is better on a biscuit! I'd be crying for my momma with the heat you got going on there, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea! might make a breakfast version... :) Very cool!

Lookin' good guys.

What's coming out of the Blue's and Quad's kitchens?

Thanks guys! It's funny, I thought about doing a brekkie pizza but had no idea how I'd go about it. I'd like to see someone give it a go (ahem...mrs. blues).

I'm excited to see TB, Quad, & Jay's entries.

thehotpepper.com said:
This is in honor of pizza night, I ordered pizza, but I wanted to show you one from my favorite joint.

It's your classic Margherita, from a brick wood-fired oven.

I was hopin' that you would pop by THP as you had other commitments and no kitchen. And a lovely Margherita it is!
Can you reveal the name of the joint?

Pizza #1 on the grill now!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
I was hopin' that you would pop by THP as you had other commitments and no kitchen. And a lovely Margherita it is!
Can you reveal the name of the joint?

Pizza #1 on the grill now!

Cheers, TB.
Sure, Luna Rossa in Brooklyn, NY.
Perfect pizza.
They have one with sausage and hot peppers too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back