• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
As some of you already know, on April 7 I injured my foot, which caused a lot of nerve damage, but no broken bones. The doc put me into an immobilization boot, which I wore for about a month and a half. Then I started walking. Generally, depending upon available time, I now walk 1 - 3 miles a day, sometimes twice a day. I still have some pain in my foot, but it is much better than it was following the injury. Mostly things like squatting down or turning the foot to the side cause pain, but just walking has been okay for the most part. The doc gave me a program to follow when I was ready to start running again. When I saw it, I thought "LAME", but then, isn't that what one is with a foot injury? :) The program starts with one minute of...
I started some new plants in Earth Barrels which are a self watering container made out of a 55 gallon food grade plastic barrel. My growing medium consists of peat, vermiculite, Black Cow, Black Hen & Mushroom Compost. This mix make a very light and airy growing media. I purchased several plants from a local grower and planted these on July 13th, 2011. Below are some pictures about two weeks after planting. Left: Trinidad Scorpion Center: Trinidad Scorpion Right: Black Habenero Back: Roma Tomato Left: Ghost Chile Center: Black Habenero Right: Ghost Chile Back: Beefstake Tomato Left: Fatalli Center: Cali Pedi Right: Yellow Lantern The Peppers seem to be happy already have several pods on the Chocolate (Black) Habenero...
Had a bunch of these systems so figured I may as well grow some plants in one Heres the nutes used below applied starting at 300ppm @ 5.9 ph (it drifts to about 6.4 after 4 days then I just give it new solution(always with R.O. water)Now we are on week 2 i have nutes at 600ppm per Willards advice in another thread (thx!) The system with light and stand Banana Pepper Marconi Hab Cubanelle And another Banana with a root poppin through I am learning all things peppers from this site so if anybody sees anything that I am going the wrong direction on please let me know comments/criticism welcome :)
Well guys, I've been lurking for a while, getting awesome info from all of you. Thank you all for being awesome. Anyway last year I talked about growing peppers and was given some Bhut Jolokia seeds by a friend in MI. I'm starting pretty conservatively for my first time. I planted 4 Bhut seeds and only one made it to a plant, my jalapenos did great, I also have a couple nice cayennes with 1 that looks like its going to pop out of the soil any day. I also am growing a few Anaheims. I still have some Bhut seeds in the fridge and I ended up buying some Butch T seeds and am awaiting their arrival. I think I'm going to go ahead and start germinating and try to over winter them. I've learned a lot so far and am sure this is something that...
Well I started most of my seeds in a seed start mix put them in a reused salad tub on the 20th of December. My Varieties for this year: Aji Bonito Aji Brown Bhut x Bell F3 Bhut Jolokia CPI Black Pearl Bonnet x Bell F3 Brazilian Starfish Bulgarian Carrot Cajun Belle F1 CAP 1478 Cappuccino Habanero Cherry Pepper Chile de Arbol Chocolate Fatali Clavo Condors Beak Fidalga Vermelha Filius Blue Fooled You Jalapeno F1 Inferno F1 Italian Pepperoncini Monkeyface Yellow Morouga Blend Yellow Mustard Habanero Numex Heritage Big Jim Numex Pinata Numex Suave Orange Numex Suave Red Orange Hab Padron Peru White Hab Peter Pepper Red Poblano Prik Bra Dap (Charming) Prik Bra Dap (Fak Thong) Prik Ki Nu Suan Prik Sri Num Khao (F1) Prik Wiang...
Here is the start of a more than likely a rarely updated grow log of my attempt to grow a bunch of peppers. I don’t know really anything about growing peppers (having never grown more than a ancho plant) and get fairly busy with other projects, so at times the plants get neglected. I started seeds back in the start of February and have continued to plant more and more seeds but finally have stopped myself. The nights are still cold (was 22 last night) here so I am waiting for a while longer to even leave them in my hoop house at night. They are growing in a room in my basement under a 400 watt HID light. I have good air circulation and flow in the grow room but am slowly running out of room as the plants grow. Hopefully soon...
Hi Everyone, I've been reading this forum since 3 months, and all I can say is: guys, You are amazing!!! I saw AJ's unbelievable harvests, and all the crazy setups you were made, and they inspired me to start my own growing season. So let me thank you all the knowledge you put together in this forum, and the patience of my girlfriend, who lets me play with these evil plants in our 34 square meters flat. :rofl: I always was a chili fan, but this is the very first year I am trying to grow them. It started with a pack of Red Habanero, in February, which I purchased in a local store in Budapest, which is selling exotic (!) foods. Yes...exotic, but I have to add, that I am living in Hungary, and these kind of staff is quite rare here. It...
How is everyone today? A few of my seed have sprouted for my 2010 season so I thought i'd post a couple of pics. Nothing too flash at this stage but will be sure to keep updating as they progress. Hopefully I will end up with around 50 or so plants (including ones in the groung already and a few Bird's eyes and Orange Habs), however I was going through Timmies thread the other day and I may just regret that many plants. So here is the list ATM Seeds in: 4 x Trini Scorp, 4 x 7 Pot, 4 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 4 x Yellow 7 Pot, 4 x Naga Morich, 4 x Dorset Naga, 4 x Bih Jolokia, 4 x Bhut Jolokia and 4 x Choc Bhut. I'm trialling the aspirin mix on one tray while the other will be getting "normal" nutes. This is Tray #1 (no aspirin) planted 29 Apr...
Alright, here's my go at growing a Trinidad Scorpion Morouga and a 7pod SR in 5gal DWC "bubbler" buckets. I started the seeds in rockwool and transplanted into 5gal buckets with leftover STG filler. I am using foxfarm "growbig" as a growth nutrient and will switch to the flowering nutrient whenever. The plants are under a 250w HPS lamp. I recently topped the plants out of curiosity and will upgrade to a darkroom for higher lamp placement and to cut down the glow from the lamp on my tv... Here is where they are at as of now.
Hi, I'm Michael, I live in Penang, Malaysia. This is my grow log. Everything started with a pepper plant I bought. I don't know much about it, except that it's a chinense from what people told me. Seeing as how that plant has been growing well, I went out and bought a packet of birds eye chilli or cili padi as they call it here. Not knowing any better, I dumped all the contents out into the soil. Well, needless to say, I have alot of small plants right now with true leaves. I have also managed to germinate and sprout some seeds of the unknown Chinense. Overview of my container garden Cili Padi/bird's eye chilli on 13th June Transplanted Cili Padi on 15th June Undetermined Chinense 15th June [has been with me for a month, bought...
Hi there, I went against my better judgement and purchased my seeds from ebay. For around $13 shipped I got 20 Bhut Jalokia Seeds, 20 Trinidad Scorpions and he threw in 10 Tasmanian Reds for free. I started them in Sow-N-Grow Peet Pellets and transplanted them outside after 6 weeks. And so far am very satisfied, except I'm still not sure these are the correct peppers. Ive never grown any of these before and my pods, so far, dont seem to look like anyone else's Ive seen. The Jalokias are a very pale yellow, nearly white and the scorps are very round and growing upside down (see pic)... Anyway heres a look, tell me what you think... After 2 weeks!!! Bhut Jalokia?? Scorps?? Tasmanian Reds. Love the color on these!
hope this link works.. seeds were all started first week of march.. and the congo blacks.. a month later, this year is taking off!! medium is 1/4 parts seasoned horse manure, pro mix, soil from the main garden, and peat moss. only fish emulsion ( two applications so far).. water sun and love. My link Cheers and Happy Gardening to all!
Hey guys, I finally decided to start my 2011 grow log. First things first, the list: Fatalii Cayenne Jalapeno Hot Lemon Rocoto Red Black Pearl Pimenta de Neyde Chocolate Habanero Italian Long Pepper Trinidad Scorpion Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Trinidad Scorpion Douglah Piri-Piri Naga Morich 7 Pod Brain Strain White Bullet Habanero - been germinating for 4 weeks, so far nothing happened. I know its not much but its already more than I can manage with the limited space I have available. My goal is to have a little bit of everything in the least amount of plants possible. Notice the heat range that goes from the mild Hot Lemon to super hots like Naga Morich or Brain Strain or Douglah. Pod colors range from Yellow to Red...
Well I have already put my plans together (after 4 drafts) for next years gardens. As far as the peppers go I have 88 plants in the plans. But I am thinking to myself that as awesome as that would be, Im not so sure I have my spacing correct. I also have designed the gardens around a few things, pickling, hot sauces, and salsa's. So here is the list of peppers I am wanting to grow and their quantities. Cayenne (24) Mucho Nacho Jalapeno (10) Orange Habanero (10) Birds Eye (10) Orange Bell (5) Naga Morich (5) Red Savina (10) Brain Strain (5) Sweet Banana (5) Orange Manzano (4) (figured I'd try it out) So how far apart should I be spacing these different varieties? Since space might be limited unless I increase the size of my garden...
updated pics at bottom! 7/5/11 Hey all I have had a few plants going for a month or so and thought I would share some progress...my varieties are very basic but I am excited for the results, and excited to try some exotics next time. anyhow heres the pics Early Jalapeno Cayenne Habanero(no peppers yet) Sweet Banana Bell And my mystery pepper (posted it up and got a 100 diff possible types) And where they started (the ones that still fit are in here) I'm runnin 12 hours on 12 hours off for a light cycle to try and keep the ones in the tent small. I greatly appreciate any input to get better veggies and enjoy reading everyones grow logs. Happy Growing everyone!
Hey hey! So it all starts now for me :) I put my seeds in the dirt on the weekend despite the freezing temperatures down here and the snow on the surrounding mountains! This is the first year I'm growing seriously so I'm quite excited. This is what I'm growing this year: • Habanero Pumpkin • Trinidad Perfume • Trinidad Scorpion • Trinidad 7 Pot (Red & Yellow) • Paper Lantern • Fatalii (Red & Yellow) • Jalapeno • Tabasco • Rocoto But out of all those plants Most of my plants will be Jalapenos (I can't get enough of them raw in salads, salsas, stuffed etc.) Tobascos (I hear it makes the best powder which I want alot of, and I also want a heap for sauce) and Trinidad Perfume (I hear this is one tasty little fruit!). So ... whats a...
Back