• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
Hello guys, i've been reading about everyones growing for the past few months, and finally thought i'd pipe in :) Got the gardening bug a couple of years ago, tested with some strawberries etc to see if i could keep them alive and have been doing it ever since, i've now moved on to chillis this year, last year i germinated some Bhuts with the intention of really seeing whether the enviroment i live in (country/City-english weather)was actually very conducive to them growing. It did work, and unfortunately they DID die over winter....but nevertheless i am at it again! I germinated approximately 12 Purple Tiger seeds (capsicum annum variety) in November last year, and overwintered them, they all germinated successfully and after giving...
Well I have decided to start a grow log this season. Nothing too exciting to post yet. Started to germinate on the 6th and have a ton of work to do on the hill side garden. Okay so due not wanting to spend extra money on a heating pad I have the following set up for germination: Jiffy mini green house on top of my dehydrator on low. Keeps it at the right temp: The location of the hill side garden, I figured the hill will work fine because it will not pool up with all the excessive water we get here in Wa: decided to break ground and see what I had to work with in terms of soil. To my dismay the dark soil was something they used to cover nothing but clay and rocks. And if your wondering what is going on with the stakes on the...
This is the list as of today. Some seedlings already started and will get the rest going but first need to rearrange the greenhouse. updated Jan 14,2011 Tomatoes Black Cherry Purple Russian Fargo Mortgage Lifter Jersey Devil Opalka Isis Candy Cherry White Ice Cherry Aunt Ruby's German Green German Stripe Eva Purple Ball Cherokee Purple Tomatillo Purple Tomatillo Peppers Datil Thai Hot Fatalii, Yellow Fatalii, Red Purple Serrano Lemon Drop Jamaican Hot, red Jamaican Hot, yellow Trinidad Scorpion Trinidad Scorpion,Yellow CARDI Trinidad Congo 7 Pod, Yellow 7 Pod, Brain Strain UbaTuba Douglah Douglah SR Scotch Bonnet Red Scotch Bonnet Chocolate Scotch Bonnet Nat Scotch Bonnet Pasilla Bajio NuMex R Naky Naga Morich Bhut Jolokia Red...
Ok. Well I started some Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad Scorpions a few weeks ago and have received tremendous help on this site and will probably be picking peoples brains all season. I will try to not be a bother ;). People have been very helpful here, and by some trial and error on my part and learning from all of the seasoned veterans here, hopefully I will have some success right of the bat. Below is a pic of my setup. I'm just using some T12 shop lights I had with one cool and one warmer bulb in each. I just added some reflective material that came in an insulated box at work and it brought the temp up to about 77. It was only about 65, which I have found may have been contributing to some slow growth. I just have a cheapo thermometer...
I live in Las Vegas, and for a long time i've been wanting to try growing some full size vegetables in my house over the winter. I do have a garden in my back yard with four 4'x8' raised beds, but it can get down to 20 degrees here (with snow) in December and January. So during the cold season, growing Summer veggies like peppers, tomatoes, and basil indoors during the winter is the only option for me. Since I had limited space in my house, I figured i'd pull out the wire shelving in one of my 2'x6' closets and hang an 8 tube fluorescent light in there (Quantum BadBoy T5). I screwed two hooks into the ceiling and hung it using two ropes with ratchets at the bottom so I can easily move the light up and down as needed. This closet was...
I've learned alot since I found this board, and want to share my growlog, too! Here's the list of peppers I'm growing so far: fatalii giant jalepeno sweet cayenne bhut jolokia brown bhut jolokia red bhut jolokia yellow 7pod barrackpore 7pod trinidad yellow 7pod trinidad red trinidad red scorpion trinidad red scorpion mourouga blend trinidad scorpion yellow bih jolokia assam bhut jolokia indian dorset naga bombay norich aji lemon tepin purple naga jolokia cap 649 tabasco tabago seasoning amish bush savina scotch bonnet cherry bomb black beauty bulgarian carrot super chili pi 257179 pi 406987 pi 167244 pi 653669 pi 209026 pi 238046 pi 224448 pi 257084 pi 195302 pi 185474 Cayene colorfull blend Thai hot cayenne long thin red mystery...
Well here is my grow list and status. I had a smaller home built greenhouse but I am quickly running out of room so I built a 8' long x 2' deep x 4' high one last night. Used reflective 4x8 sheet in back and bottom/sides/top are some r13 insulation that is suppose to have 98% reflectivity. We shall see. As of now, I have 445 seeds planted and/or purchased and 147 germinated seeds. Other than the 2010 Jalapeno, all seeds with a "0" germination have not been planted yet and/or were just planted in the past few day. My favorite new supplier is Trade Winds Fruit. Their seeds are germinating at an unbelievable rate. My current list is....
I know I'm late into the game, but with the encouragement of others, I decided to document for posterity my 2011 efforts. I don't have any pics of my annuum seedlings yet (which are still in the basement), but here are a few others that finally got to go outside and catch some rays. First my "greenhouse." After seeing the nice greenhouses and hoop houses some of you have, my $30.00 Harbor Freight greenhouse seems tiny and cheap in comparison, but it gets the job done. Mostly chinenses in there now, doing the slow hardening off thing, and a few plants my wife bought last weekend and stuck in there. Next is my double-decker wagon from grower's supply, loaded with a couple of flats of baby chinenses and all the overwinters that...
So I've never done a grow log, but this is my third consecutive growing season (chiles and other veggies), and I'm not really sure how many overall. It's becoming a Christmas tradition for me to start seeds after all the hubbub has died down. Usually the 26th or 27th. Probably will be both earlier and later this time 'round. I've got a very basic germination setup that consists of two 6' 2x4 square frames and some cross bracing, plus plywood for the trays. Each 'rack' (there are two) can hold three 48" fluorescent rigs with one grow light and one 'sunlight' spectrum light. I'll post pictures when able. This time, I've been relegated to the back office at work, having been banned from gardening activities inside my own home. It sounds...
From the chat room this afternoon. Time stamp is in PST.(-8GMT) Captainpepper is referring to these posts that were removed http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22035-from-profanity/ http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22036-from-profanity/ Not sure where you want to go with this guys? Looks to me he is simply pissed off and will continue to spread negativity until he is removed. -Peter
Hey everyone. I've been doing this LED panel test for the last few weeks (still in progress). Even though these aren't peppers, I figured you might be interested in seeing how it progresses with the LED panels. I'm growing Red Robin tomatoes which is a very small dwarf variety. I'll post everything from my log so far. I created a box for them out of cardboard and mylar to keep the light from each panel contained. Feb 4th: Planted Red Robin cherry tomato seeds in Wonder Soil and put on heat mat. Feb 11th: Germination Feb 12th: - Week 1 Transplanted into 8" pots Fox Farm Happyfrog Potting Soil No additional nutrients yet, but will use GH/GO BioThrive Organic nutrients Placed under LED lights Large box lined with mylar, with a...
Here are some of my plants i grew this year in the greenhouse. Here is black pearl Here is numex twilight Here is hungarian hot wax Heres a dwarf hungarian with one pepper [ img][/img] Heres some random pictures oregano numex twilight I have hundreds more plants at home that i started from seed. I will be posting more pictures over the summer. I have over 250 plants which are of mixed variet. I have mostly bells, sweet bananas, carribean red habs, jalapenios, hungarian hot wax, and super cayennes.
ok i know i started late but this is what i started so far 7 Molhos 7 Pot 7 Pot Barrakpore 7 Pot Brown 7 Pot Douglah 7 Pot White 7 Pot Yellow Aci Sivri Aji Bolsa De Dulce Bhut Jolokia Bhut Jolokia Chocolate Bhut Jolokia Lemon Bhut Jolokia Orange Bhut Jolokia Peach Bhut Jolokia Purple Bih Jolokia Bird Dung Black Scorpion Tongue Black Stinger Bull Nose Bell Bulgarian Carrot Bulgarian Apple CAP 1405 CAP 1546 CAP 1631 CGN 23261 Cobincho Dorset Naga Habalokia Peach Habalokia Red Habalokia White Habalokia Yellow Habanero Apricot Habanero Red Savina Hanoi Ho Chi Mihn Jalapeno Purple Luna Madame Jeanette Yellow Manzano Orange Monkey Face Yellow Naga Jolokia Naga Jolokia Purple Naga Morrich Neon Yellow Scorpinero Peter Red Peter Yellow PI 260595...
Well I started some seed in Febuary. But only ended up with three plants germanating. So on March 16th my new seed order arived and was planted, a late start for here in Germany but a start none the less. Theres alot of new varities of peppers since I was first growing (about 10 years ago) I'm hoping to have a decent season this first year restarting with peppers. Heres a short list of the varities I'm starting. 7 POD AJI AMARILLO (PI 152217) AJI CRISTAL (PI 281320) ANCHO POBLANO BHUT JOLOKIA (BIH JOLOKIA) BLACK HUNGARIAN BLACK SCORPION TONGUE BOLIVIAN RAINBOW FATALII HABANERO CARIBBEAN RED HABANERO RED JALAPENO ROCOTO COSTA RICAN RED (ROJO) TRINIDAD SCORPION RED SCOTCH BONNET TIRINIDAD YELLOW TURBO PUBE (PI 585267) The plants...
Started my 2011 grow season early this year. This is my third year. Super-hots have been very difficult for me. This year I am attacking them on all cylinders. I live in coastal Southern California. I have a greenhouse filled with seedlings started in early December 2010 in starting soil as well as two hydroponic buckets. Most of my starts have been of Bhuts/Trinidads/and habaneros. Pictures to follow. Ben :dance:
Back