• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
Well this will be my first post here. I found the site about a month ago because I got the sudden urge to grow my own tomatoes and peppers and decided that the only way to do it is to grow them from seed. So I went to the store and when in front of the seed display I saw some Cayenne seeds and I got this image in my head of me making my own Hot Sauce. When I found this forum I got even more excited looking at all the past season's pictures from everybody here and I started to look at the sites selling seeds and I stop myself right there and took the decision to concentrate only on the Cayenne for this year. I hope this log will help others like me starting this new venture. I will try and document what I will do right and also what I...
With the 2010 outdoor season coming to end (here's my 2010 grow log and here's my 2010 harvest compilation for those who just like pictures) it's time to kick off the 2011 grow. Trying something different this time...growing clones in dwc buckets over the winter from some of my best plants this year and then 4 - 6 weeks before plant out in 2011 taking clones from my clones and rooting them in dirt. I root them in the bucket on the right and after rooted each will get it's own bucket similar to the one on the left. Will grow all winter and if all goes well these 4 plants should contribute 10 - 20+ clones for my garden of 25 - 30 plants. On the left is a bhut jolokia and on the right we have two giant bhut jolkias and a chocolate...
Hi all, It's been a while so I thought I would kick off things with my tomato germination log.I am growing several other varieties this year some are not planted yet and some of them are on the way.As they are planted and germinate I will post here.This year should be interesting as I will have several new to me varieties some of which are stripped /Bi-color or green when ripe.When all is said and done I should have around 100 plants which will be the most I have ever had and as many as 40 varieties. I hope to sell some of my harvest this year and the rest use for fresh eating and canning.What is listed is my first planting of the year and should have some more to post about Saturday night. Al-kuffa - 2-8 Abe Lincoln 8-8 Black...
So Last year I started on February 1st and it was a little early so this year I started on March 2nd. Yesterday, March 7th, I had my first seedling pop up... only 5 days of germination for a 7 Pod Douglah in the dirt, no paper towel methods or anything just seeds in the dirt, but I do use heat mats that have kept the soil around 80F. Today I also had a Yellow Trinidad Scorpion Cardi pop up as well (6 days). Grow list this year is: 7 Pod Brain Strain -------------- Planted 03-2-2011 7 Pod Douglah ------------------- Planted 03-2-2011 7 Pod Jonah --------------------- Planted 03-2-2011 Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Cardi -- Planted 03-2-2011 Trinidad Scorpion Red ----------- Planted 03-2-2011 Caribbean Red Habanero ---------- Planted...
For the 2011 season i'll focus more on super-hots and so-so-hots than other veggies. I'll be growing the following peppers: Bhut Jolokia Trinidad Scorpion 7pot Yellow 7pot Naga Morich Red Habaneros Thai Birds Eye Pepper Super Chili For veggies/herbs i'll be just growing: Diva Eggplant Carmen Bell Peppers Neopolitan Basil Mint I'm just germinating peppers for now since those take longer to grow. Here's my seedling tray under lights. I also have some superhots seeds in wet paper towels/sandwich bags on a heating pad to keep the temps at 85 degrees. The seedling tray is also on the pad so it helps the seedlings grow. Here's a paper towel setup. can u see something interesting here? and i unwrap the diaper: seed is...
Hi friends! Thought I would do the Grow Log thing this year. Today (March 9, 2011) I whittled down my planting list from 15-16 packs to fit them into Burpee's 12x6 planting cells kit. I am going for a general mix of sweet, medium, and some hot peppers this year, since my wife and neighbors can't really take the blazin' habanero heat every day. Here is my line-up for 2011: Bonda Ma Jaques Aji Amarillo Aji Cristal Aji Habanero Biker Billy jalapeno Jalapeno M Sandi (New Mexico Green) Sahauro New Mexico Green) Jimmy Nardello Italian Roaster II Caribbean Red Blushing Beauty (bell pepper) These are all sitting in coco-coir cubes in one 12x6 plastic tray, on a temperature mat set to 83 degrees, in the dark. When about half have...
Well, I was given some Tomato plants when I first moved into my house last year. They came from a very friendly neighbour that has been growing for years. I had, up to that point, never grown anything but ended up having a really sucsessful year producing well over 200 tomatoes. I honestly didnt think I would be that bothered but absolutely loved looking after them and seeing the fruits of my labour at the end of the year. I had a chilli plant last year that a friend gave me. That ended up pretty large with loads of flowers but no fruit. So this year we are going for it big time. We may have bitten off more than we can chew (for n00bs) but only time will tell. This years list is: Tomatoes - Gardeners Delight (very sweet)...
Hi Guys, I thought I would keep a log of my activities this year for reference next. Its my first time growing peppers or pretty much anything so any advice appreciated. I planted 10 Cayenne as an experiment on the 16th of January to act as guinea pigs and because I couldnt wait. At fist only a couple sprouted but now this is up to 7 out of 10 Foolishly I thought only 2-3 out of ten cayennes would sprout in total. So I put 3 Hab or Scotch bonnet seeds in one cell when germinating the next batch. The Habeneros appeared after 4 days :shocked: and the Scotch bonnets took 6 days. But I now have nearly all cells with three seeds that germinated. I re-potted a couple of Cayenne guinea pigs yesterday and am wondering about the depth I...
No pics as of yet, but seeing as how the seeds I ordered a few days ago arrived and everything is ready, thought I'd get this started. (big ups to Judy at pepperlover.com and Cappy) Going to be hitting the store in a few minutes to pick up some more coir and small bathroom cups to start things. I'll be cramming as many of those cups into my heated minigreenhouse thing as I can. What I'm starting: Habanero: Chocolate Red Savina Orange Bhut Jolokia Bhut Jolokia~Chocolate Bhut Jolokia~Indian Carbon Bih Jolokia Dorset Naga 7 Pod Barrackpore 7 Pod Brain Strain Douglah Trinidad Scorpion. Going to go heavy on the brown/chocolate varieties this year between the Douglah and the choccy bhut and the choccy hab. Been dreaming of a brown...
Hi everyone. I decided it's time to say hello again as i've been away. I'm going to be starting up shortly and wanted to get something of a start at least on paper. Goal: Flavor vs. Fire I had a terrible season last year. Just awful! Going to try again this year with a newfound vigor. I want to not grow for heat, but for the subtle flavors of the hot peppers. In the lead for selection: Manzano and Rocoto and any other pubescens i can scrounge up. I think i have 3 varieties right now. I'm thinking i'll stick with S. America and work from there. I want some sweet peppers as well, so i'm looking to score some paprika varieties. And of course, the strange and unusual are welcome. Can anyone help out with the strange and...
I'm going to Start with a list of what I plan on growing * = New for me this season P = Patio G = Garden Aji Omnicolor* P Trinidad Perfume P Orange Habanero P CARDI Yellow Scorpion* P Yellow 7pot* P Super Chile Hybrid P&G Serrano P&G Jalapeno Early P&G Jalapeno M* P&G Pasilla Bajio G Hungarian Yellow Wax* G Fish* P Carmen Hybrid Sweet G Yummy Orange Sweet* G Chocolate Mini-Bell Sweet* G Mexican Bird P Currently overwintering 2 Mexican Bird and 2 Orange Habanero Plan on starting chinense and frutescens 2/26 (ended up starting a week earlier 2/19)
Here we go again! Unless the cats destroy it again, I think I will have a decent garden this year. Late start, as I am still waiting on seeds from kaiser. But I did find some from last year..so currently this is what I started today, using the jiffy pellets. Would have liked to try a new method but on A low budget.. So, planted- Tepin White habenero Chocolate habenero Oranges scotch bonnet Red scotch bonnet Mayan love Indian jawala Peppers I'm hoping to still get- Bhut jolokia Chocolate bhut jolokia Bih jolokia Naga morich Naga jolokia Trinadad 7pot Dorset Naga Red fatali Red datil Carribean red habenero Thai bird Pequin Aji rojo Planning on planting 10 of each. Still have room for more if anyone has something...
I'm not growing anything new this year - just some old favorites. Jalapeno M, Trinidad Scorpion, Datils, Grenada Hots, Anaheims, 7 Pot, and Brandywine tomatoes. I'm also trying to germinate some Harold St. Bart, but first go was unsuccessful and and I"m trying again. Grenada Hots, Datil, 7 Pot, and TS had very good germination percentages. Datils are the same as I remember - very slow! My simple setup and pictures.
OVERWINTER - One Texas Bird Pepper Last years baby :) DIRECT PLANT GARDEN 3 JALAPENO EARLY PEPPER - 6 YELLOW BELL PEPPER - 5 CANTALOUPE - 4 ONE GALLON JUGS- 34 TOTAL JUGS LEMMON BOY TOMATO – 1 PER JUG – 1 JUG – GARDEN 4 TW YELLOW JUBILEE TOMATO – 2 PER JUG – 2 JUGS – GARDEN 4 FM MINI BELL PEPPER – 2 PER JUG – 5 JUGS TW MICRO TOM TOMATO – 1 PER JUG – 11 JUGS TW GOAT HEAD PEPPER – 2 PER JUG – 7 JUGS BRIAN TEXAS BIRD PEPPER - 2 PER JUG - 2 JUGS TW CAPSICUM EXILE - 1 PER JUG - 1 JUG TW WHITE HABANERO – 2 PER JUG - 5 JUGS JIM POTS - 1 – JALAPENO PEPPER (ALREADY IN PLASTIC POT) /SLATED FOR BONSAI 1 – CAPSICUM EXILE PLASTIC 1 - TEXAS BIRD PEPPER PLASTIC 1 – POT OF WHITE SAGE 1 – PLANTER EACH BASIL AND ORGEANO 1 – BLUE TUB CARROTS
Hello all! I'm kinda new to this forum and I also grow chili peppers just like you. I'm located in the philippines so peepers here live longer because we don't have winter here. I had started several varieties during the start of this year but unfortunately most of them died due to the dry spell that hit of country, only a handful survived. thank god that the dry spell is over and i just started planting last month all over again.. most of my seeds where sent to me except for the indigenous cultivars. here is my list(not really that impressive compared to you chili masters): siling labuyo (indigenous here) siling haba (indigenous here) siling lara (indigenous here) siling bilog (indigenous here) long slim cayenne golden cayenne...
Hi everyone! And happy new year! This is my 2nd year growing peppers, and after last years disaster due to lack of good weather i decided i'd start an indoor hydro grow instead. i dont have a lot of space to work with so i decided i'd only grow a few plants so these are the varieties i started with: yellow 7pod 7pod jonah trinidad scorpion morouga blend dorset naga fatali these were all purchased from neil @ thehippyseedcompany.com and i'd recommend them to everyone! he also sent me a dried bhut jolokia pod so i planted a couple of seeds from that too. so i started 2 of each in root riot cubes on 27.9.2010 and most were up within a week except for the jonah's and fatali which i abandoned after 3 weeks. i kept these under a 105w cfl...
Back