• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

1 gal jalapeno grow off!!!!

Capsicum

Banned
I am doing this competition with my neighbour. Who can grow the largest harvest of jalapenos from a #1 nursery pot. The reason we will use jalapeno is because it is compact and a heavy feeder. I am sure some already have their chiles in 5 gal and they are huge!!!

Even though some may have better climates I find limiting the grower to only a #1 nursery pot makes it even. I will get some pictures as soon as they get bigger, right now they are about 6- 8 inches tall.

If you want to partake feel free.

Are you starting from seed? Also what's allowed and what's not allowed like sterols, hormones, hydro or HID lighting?

Dang, I just put my Jalapeños in the ground : )

Are you starting from seed? Also what's allowed and what's not allowed like sterols, hormones, hydro or HID lighting?

Just got them in 4 pack starts. Now they are 6-8 niches tall. The only thing is just they have to be in a #1 nursery pot. No HID lighting either lol!!! And yea, it can be hydro like a soilless media, any grow medium you want just as long as its a 3quart container. You can use any fertilizer or additive you want. I will be using both organics and synthetics.

No hydro bahhh what's the point then lol. I could get some serious fruit with growth hormones, steroids, and HID in a simple DWC setup. I probably wouldn't eat the fruit because some of the stuff I would use is pretty aggressive, but it will produce amazing yields..

No hydro bahhh what's the point then lol. I could get some serious fruit with growth hormones, steroids, and HID in a simple DWC setup. I probably wouldn't eat the fruit because some of the stuff I would use is pretty aggressive, but it will produce amazing yields..

Lol, tell you what, if you really want go ahead with the hydro. Are you saying like a 1 gal DWC or?

I am using potting mix fertilized with Generial hydroponics maxi bloom and botanicare pure blend pro grow.

I have one in 1/8-1/2" pinebark/perlite media to see if it I can get a bigger plant, but have the a few in the potting mix to be safe. Which ever one is the largest I will enter in the comp!!! :surprised:

Back