• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

1 liter airpot....

Well i finally got my hands on some 1 liter starter air pots... :beer: I have been waiting on the store to get them in. Well I stopped by today, and they finally did... so I'm stoked now. I have some 3 gallon ones i really like, they hold moisture well, but not too much, and seem to have good airflow. I also like them since they keep the roots from circling and gettin root bound.
009.jpg

I needed to clean out my grow box, for the challenge... i potted 2 up that were in 4 in pots. I also put a Brazilian Starfish in one, so that leaves me 2 for the challenge
010-6.jpg

As you can see the small plant is already circling the bottom of the pot.
011-1.jpg

It should be interesting to see how they do, i have 2 more identical plants in the 4 in. I guess i will use the air pot to fill another plastic pot with the same volume of soil and see where it goes. Everything here is growing by leaps and bounds, perfect weather... :beer:

ya, what's wrong with you, why aren't you comparing air pot vs smart pot, way you go and start a new post.

i have my 1 gallon solid black containers lined up on my south facing window, my soil is a mixture of things but the base is Promix HP, i find the soil dries, then rolls out of the bottom drain holes. my ledge is a bit of a mess with loose soil.

how do you think you are going to fare with all those holes, when the soil starts to dry?

Wow, I just order 10 of them myself today, Suppose to have them friday, I plan on getting a total of 30 to start my 2012 season here soon, than putting them in there final home of the 12.5L for the final home.

Its cool seeing someone else trying this out also.

1 liter is 2 bucks, and the 3 gallon i got was 3 bucks i think, he cuts me a lil break... I can find out exactly and like I said he has the 5 gallon. I'll let ya know...

I did a comparison, but in a fit of beer fueled aphid rage, my mix was a lil too hot, annd did a number on them. the air pot and smart pot ones did survive. The air pot is doing best, it was the biggest to start with, so it's still the biggest.... I'll go get a pic...

Yea i got my 1 litre for 2.15 cents where i was at, I was looking online for them and they were closer to 3 bucks than 13 bucks to ship them. So for the 10 i paid 22.73 with fla sales tax. I cant wait as I read a few good things about it.

BC the bottom has larger slots, and soil would fall thru, so I cot some dried grass clippins from the pile, to make a mesh of sort... all is well. I did do a comparison, all was well til I nuked um...

Back