10 hour test on my driplines completed

At the start of my head assembly i have a meter that tells me how much water is run per session.
I had my set-up to go 30 minutes every 3 days on 54 1gph emmiters.(around 25-27 gallons has been average)  After seeing my hip Dr,who rammed a scope and needle thru my groin to get to the pelvic socket for a pain shot,I needed some alcohol and a sedditive.
  As it goes I go out to turn my Drip lines off because of rain chances coming.Darned if I did not bypass the off and go straight to ON<
   Got up at 5am to give the babies a by-weekly fert spray and at the meter it was running.,
  Grand total 570 gallons in around 10 hrs.for 54 plants.Glad they are in raised beds and they dripped instead of poured like it would have if i did not have a 25 lb regulator.
  We are all guilty of WTF moments,I need to laugh this one off and move on. :shh:

What brand of dripline/regulator are you using and do you like it/was it easy to set up?  I've been running w soaker hoses the last few years but I hate constantly replacing them because they blow out.  

I'm looking at setting up something like this soon. Almost all of my container plants are in 3-gal nursery pots, and having to water them about every other day now.

SmokenFire said:
What brand of dripline/regulator are you using and do you like it/was it easy to set up?  I've been running w soaker hoses the last few years but I hate constantly replacing them because they blow out.  
  Dripdepot,Ralph.And I am in heaven with it.I lost 500  gallons easy with inconsistent water wanding at 430am in the morning before work last year.And I beat the crap out of them when they got big trying to get to the roots.I could have avoided last night if I would have not gone cheap on my timer.
  Set up was damn easy and I am using 1/4 in feeder line to each plant off the 1/2 in main.I bought the cleanable emitters.But have yet to have any clogs.In all my tests using milk jugs,all 4 corners receive the same water every time.I got the reusable couplers,elbows and other hook up parts so I can store for winter and if I want to change the system around next year.
moruga welder said:
its looking like i won't have to water mine all summer ! mother nature is doing quite a job at that !    too much !    :onfire:
  I was in the same boat till last week,They have doubled in size since I am now getting sun.

Peter S said:
I'm looking at setting up something like this soon. Almost all of my container plants are in 3-gal nursery pots, and having to water them about every other day now.
You will not be sorry.Dont get the lines with emitters already in the lines at so many per 6-12-18 inches or so.They are a pain to wrap around plants and if they clog your screwed

SmokenFire said:
First year using Dripdepot as well. Great service and so far so good. It was very easy to setup.

SmokenFire said:
Did you guys buy one of the kits or did you piece by piece it?
I went piece by piece to customize what I needed. I will see if I have a picture to show you.

That is my setup, those are 10 and 15 gallon pots. I added a closeup of one pot to show you the ring I have around every plant. I do have a few emitters, but so far I like the ring better.

tctenten said:
I went piece by piece to customize what I needed. I will see if I have a picture to show you.

That is my setup, those are 10 and 15 gallon pots. I added a closeup of one pot to show you the ring I have around every plant. I do have a few emitters, but so far I like the ring better.

Yeah, Shane (stc3248) in San Diego uses the ring-type 1/4 inch hoses in his pots and gets great results. When planting in 5 gallon airpots I generally use 1/2 gal/hour emitters and give the plants 20 minutes worth of water twice a day for best results.

Nice looking setups guys! :party:

Back