• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

14w led panel?

What do you guy's use to hang these panel's with?Just got one today.Thanks; If you got some pic's of your lights please post them.

Screws. One each on the north & south sides or on the east & west sides. Depending on what you are using them for, they need to be sort of close - more than an inch or two or else seedlings will bend toward a specific bulb. They cover about a 13" square area, 14" at most.

I'm using two of them to supplement sunlight for a couple of banana plants and used them a couple of years ago for tomato/pepper/cucumber seedlings. Work great, though again, very limied coverage area.

YMMV,

Mike

I ran some 1/8" rope through the holes and hang it from them.
I am using a red/blue along with 2 cfl's for 3-4 hours of supplimental light of an evening.

Made a light stand out of pvc pipe to hang the led.Running it 5-6 for supplimental light for my cabbage and hibiscus.
led1i.jpg
led2x.jpg
:rolleyes:

I wish these things would drop (like a rock in water) in price. They are great, at least for smaller plants. I have six seedling toms under an all-blue panel and two banana plants under a couple of red/blue ones and they are growing faster than I could have imagined. But their limited coverage area would mean me buying 12 of them for just one grow chamber.

If my maters keep growing at the same rate, by next Friday they will be plenty large enough to transplant - four weeks after putting them in 3" containers - and they had only two true leaves back then.

Mike

I made a all blue panel using 50# 10mm, 1w, 130,000 mcd leds.

Im not powering them at 1w each as I thought the spec could be overrated. I think it runs about 10w, but its not about power, its about efficiency.

DSCF1879.jpg

Chris

Chris,

Are you running both types of lights at the same time? It looks like you are set-up to it that way but wasn't sure.

Mike

Hi Mike, I am indeed running both. You can hardly see the blue leds when the cfl's are on but that doesn't mean they aren't working, right? In the pictures with both turned on you can see hints of blue in there.

Looking forward to a weeks growth.

Chris

Back