15% off EVERYTHING sale is ON thru 7/31!

[SIZE=medium]Greetings all,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Well, I haven’t sent out an email in a while, so I figured it was a good time to do a little catch-up of what has been going on within the Sphere of Influence of the Defcon Compound.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It’s been a banner year so far, which kicked off with us taking First Place with           ALL THREE OF OUR REGULAR WING SAUCES, at the 2014 Golden Chile Awards! We like to call it hitting “The Trifecta”, and honestly may be the first time a single company has taken all 3 awards at one time. It was a huge win, one that we were more than proud to receive. It was a welcomed event, as after about a year or so of declining product quality from our previous manufacturer, we moved our manufacturing over to Endorphin Farms, one of the best in the business. We are back, and so are the products, and in a BIG way! Those of you who haven’t had our stuff for a couple years might want to give us another shot, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I know the Judges were.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We had a great time at the 1st[/SIZE] Annual NYC Hot Sauce Expo in Brooklyn, NY back in April. For those many thousands that made the trek, I can’t imagine any of you having a bad time. For a ‘first year event’, it was a HUGE smash hit, and we look forward to doing it again next year. Rumor has it that it may be held in Manhattan next year.

[SIZE=medium]A few short weeks ago, we headed west for the 1st[/SIZE] Annual Zest Fest Midwest show in Columbus, OH. It was great meeting everyone there as well. When all was said and done, we took a total of three People’s Preference Awards at the show, which was a first for us:
[SIZE=medium]3rd[/SIZE] Place in the Condiment category for the Smokey Dust
[SIZE=medium]1st[/SIZE] Place in the Wing Sauce category for the Defense Condition #2 (medium heat)
[SIZE=medium]And we took the Grand-Daddy of them all, BEST IN SHOW, for the Defense Condition #2 wing sauce as well! It’s a huge honor to take Best in Show, and we can now take it off our bucket list, so to speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The farmers markets I have been doing on Saturdays, in Metuchen and Oakland, NJ have become massive hits to the surrounding populous. Many individuals have become recently assimilated into the Defcon Continuum unknowingly, and are now standard bearers for our culinary masterpieces. If you are in the area, stop on by. Check out ‘upcoming events’ on the homepage to see which dates I will be at which market.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I have to mention that we have one of our favorite events right around the corner! The event of which I speak is the infamous 7th[/SIZE] Annual Duffs Wingfest at Duffs Brooklyn, on [SIZE=medium]Saturday, August 17[/SIZE][SIZE=small]th[/SIZE] (hurricanes permitting), from 9pm-4am. If you haven’t been to one of these events, they are crazy fun! Duff’s is an awesome metal/thrash bar located on Marcy Avenue, just a couple of blocks away from the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn, NY. We will be handing out FREE Defcon Wings ALL FRIGGIN’ NIGHT, until 4am! Check out Duffs at [SIZE=medium]www.duffsbrooklyn.com[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] for more info. Come hang with the Defcon Crew and other Evil Spawn of the Night. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We also have a couple other events we’re doing, like the Chile Pepper Festival in Bowers, PA on September 6-7 and The Smoke & Fire Food Fest on October 12th[/SIZE] in Pomona, NY. We will be adding more dates as time progresses, and as we get closer to football season.

[SIZE=medium]I also have to mention, we are starting to make a presence on the west coast, finally, and are beginning to get a foothold in California. It was just a matter of time (evil chuckle). As we’ve always told our fans/customers, if there is a store near you that you think we’d be a good fit in, have them contact us. I’m amazed at how many stores we’ve gotten into this way, and the individual who mentioned us to the establishment no longer has to pay shipping fees for online orders, as our stuff is now local to them. It’s a win-win. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Many of you who follow us on various blog sites, forums and Facebook, are well-aware we were on the verge of launching a 100% new website. Well, due to a stupidly massive amount of technical problems, it hasn’t been launched yet, and is still in the hangar. For this, I do apologize. In the interim however, I’d like to announce that from today, until Wednesday, July 31st[/SIZE] , we will be taking

[SIZE=22pt]15% OFF ALL PRODUCTS![/SIZE]
 ​
[SIZE=medium] This sale includes hats and t-shirts! We haven’t run a sale in a while, and the fact it’s my 10th[/SIZE] Anniversary to Maggie this month, it seemed appropriate. So, order away! [SIZE=medium]www.defconsauces.com[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. This sale does not include pre-priced assortment packs like the Colossus, The Leviathan, etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]No need to enter a coupon code, it’s automatic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]John & Maggie[/SIZE]

Back