• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

19th Annual Chile Pepper Fiesta - Brooklyn, N.Y.

http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/2011/10/01/19th-annual-chile-pepper-fiesta

I don't know if this will be any good. My brother emailed me the info, knowing I am a chilehead.

They get a ton of people...it is at the botanical gardens so its pretty...

HBD will be there this year :o)

If anyone goes please stop by the booth and say hi to me !

xo nicole

It was a nice gathering. I'm glad I went! The $15.00 adult admission not only gave access to the Chile Pepper Fiesta, but to the surrounding gardens as well. If it didn't start to rain, I would have taken advantage of the free reign. There were 3 main sections. The first section consisted of 2 rows of booths selling hot sauces, as well as natural chocolates, both hot and not hot, and some beer. The 2nd section had food vendors, a band and more beer. The 3rd section had some farm stands selling fresh pods. All vendors offered samples of their products.

Heartbreaking Dawns had prime real estate, being the first booth on the right in section 1. At the Heartbreaking Dawns booth, I bought Mauvais Sang, 1841 Ghost Pepper Sauce, 1498 Cauterizer, and 1498 Trinidad Scorpion Sauce. At other booths, I bought Guyank Sweet-Hot sauce, and Hellacious-Hot Sauce. I also purchased some natural dark chocolate (don't remember the vendor - I gave the chocolate to my dad), a box of hot hard candy, some Raka Cacao nibs and had 2 servings of hot (spiced, but very mild) chocolate. My lack of purchases from vendors not mentioned here is not due to anything wrong with their products. I simply ran out of money! I have to being more next year.

Somehow I miss this every year. Zoiks!

Back