• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

1st AACT

I am prepping for my 1st attempt at AACT. I have a few ingredients in the mail yet. 
1st question that comes to mind is, is it beneficial to put the most air possible into the tea to hyper stimulate the aerobic bacteria or does it not matter at a certain point? I am contemplating the use of a 20 gal brute trash can and a linear piston pump for my air source. And before anyone asks. No, I did not purchase the pump for this application. I have had one sitting around collecting age and may have found a use for it, or not.

Got a few books on order relating to the above as well but the picking of brains has its advantages as well.

I heard RO water is not recommended for AACT. Any truth to this and if so, why?

I know you don't want chlorinated water in there, I know that dude on YouTube uses one of those boogie blue carbon filters

Walchit said:
I know you don't want chlorinated water in there, I know that dude on YouTube uses one of those boogie blue carbon filters
Ah yeah. Chlorinated water would really be counterproductive to building an legion of bacteria microbes and fungi.

Chlorinated water doesn't matter that much.  It works fine.  (really it does)  I've made tea for years, and I used to do it strictly with rain water.  But as an experiment, I did it with our chloraminated city water, and there was absolutely zero difference, over an entire season, with side-by-side tests.  If you've got rain water, by all means, use it.  But all is not lost, if you don't.

As far as air goes, that's going to be a function of temperature.  The ideal place to brew AACT is indoors, in air conditioning.  Above a certain temperature - something like 65-70 degrees Farenheit - liquids start losing the capacity to dissolve oxygen, and it is simply released to atmosphere.  Above 90 degrees, and you have virtually zero oxygen saturation (or dissolved oxygen) in your solution.  You could pump all the air in there that you like, and it will be to no effect.

I have never heard of any problem with RO.  In fact, most of the local hydro growers brew it with RO.

I was just repeating what I heard on the internet, chlorine may not be as big of an issue as they say it is.

Are you adding any beneficial microbes or fungi in addition to the aerobics already present or just deriving that from your compost(s)?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Yes, Actually I have a few things I am going to add to this brew.
Worm castings
SLF-100
Persephones
Mycorrhizae
Seabird Guano
Yucca
Kelp
Recharge
And Molasses.
The recharge has 
Glomus aggretatum
Glomus mosseae
Glomus intraradices
Glomus etunicatum
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus pumilus
Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus megaterium
Trichoderma reesei
Trichoderma harzianum
Kelp
Molasses
Humic acid
Fulvic acids
and Amino acids

I will be converting my 20 gal trash can RO reservoirs into tea processing systems. I can do brews back to back with 2 containers.

Back