• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting 1st Harvest

Well, it's not much but I'm happy with the start to the season. I think Sept 1 was my first harvest last year so can't complain!

Top row : 1. "Madballz 7" - The 7 / Choco Bhut cross we hope to stabalize (lethal!). 2. A surprise pepper that was supposed to be a bhut..it's a Habanero type pepper. 3. Mini-mustard habs and a sole scorpion. The true pods for both of these are massive, so can't wait for a real harvest.

Bottom: 1. Poblano that fell off. 2. An Orange Hab medley coming from three different plants(they were supposed to be a scotch bonnet, pumpkin hab, and orange hab). 3. Caribbean Red

July1-1stHarvest2010.jpg

How do you have peppers already in Ontario? Did you start them very early indoors and plant them in the ground, or are they all in pots?

Thats a great first harvest of the year and a very good promise for the next few months.
I'm just now having my first buds of the year... so you are far and away ahead of me.
Keep up the good work

Bleash

How do you have peppers already in Ontario? Did you start them very early indoors and plant them in the ground, or are they all in pots?

i started indoors early. some in Jan, some in Feb, some in March. Mid-Feb seems like a perfect start time in these parts to get things rolling nicely. Half in ground, half in pots. Everything is producing nicely, but I do prefer the plants in 5 or 7 gallon containers which seem to be really taking off.

Congrats Ballz! Way ahead of last years schedule for sure. Bummer the plants aren't what they're supposed to be. Remind me to never buy seeds from your suppliers. ;)

thanks guys. pretty excited to get some fresh hot sauce going.

Patrick, I got a few surprises from Pepper Joe's, but the other 4 varieties I got from him are growing true and looking great, so I can't complain too much.

i know you can't control the odd surprise from time to time, but did they have to be orange habs?? I much happier with the surprises like that red 7 / choco bhut cross!

Nice harvest Ballzworth! I've only managed to get a few ripe pods off my plants so far. They are starting to put a bunch of pods out though so hopefully it isn't too much longer :)

very nice ballz. Are those pumkin habs from pepper joe(aka orange hab).
Cant wait to test some of those and some sauce your making

thanks madhatter. yeah those were pumpkin habs and scotch bonnets from Pepper Joe. I'm not too surprised with the pumpkin habs turning out to be orange habs but I was hoping that they grew differently, like rounder congo type habs. there wasn't a lot of orange in the garden anyways until pepper joe came around so it's nice to see them anyways....just wish I had some bonnets:)

"pumpkin hab"
PumpkinHabJuly12010.jpg

Back