• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

1st year darkrosechilli growlog

So this is where I'm at so far. Bought six Superhot plugs back in mid May. 2 weeks later bought the annums and hab types as well. Due to bad weather kept them inside until strong enough, then put them into the plastic greenhouse we bought 4 years ago to protect from the worst of the welsh weather.

Realised that the old greenhouse was leaking so went and paid £30 for a lovely new hexagonal one and moved them over.

Better weather today had a few hours of unbroken full-on sun and plenty of broken sunshine intermixed with showers too, so I went to check on them little darlings to see how they are settling into there new home and.......... :shock:

Aji Limo (AKA the tree) doing well throwing out twice as many buds as the 1st batch it dropped (i blame potting up)
AjiLimo.jpg

Apricot Hab has exploded into life twice the size to the rest now and plenty of buds coming through
ApricotHab.jpg

Bhut Jolokia scruffy bugger but plenty of buds
BhutJolokia.jpg

Butch-T looking good and i reckon i'll see small buds within the week (i didn't spend a while wondering is it or isn't it hiding some)
Butch-T.jpg

Choc B Jolokia still growing but is the smallest superhot out there no sign of buds
ChocBhutJolokia.jpg

Moruga Red showing the largest leaves from the superhots no sign of buds tho
MorguaRed.jpg

Naga Morich growing steady for a while now since sluggate now sporting 5 tiny buds
NagaMorich.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot (the teacher's pet) haha loving this one and it's got a small cluster of buds
Yellow7pot.jpg

Sparkler doesn't seem to gain height but is bushing out nicely and it's got plenty of buds, flowers and a few 2-3mm set pods
Sparkler.jpg

Numex Twilight wonderful looking also has some buds, flowers and a few set pods (inc my 1st two gel caps "true seeds ahoy")
Twilight.jpg

Oh yes that sun is still shining outside btw anyone wanna rent some haha :oops: , it seems the house move and weather has really perked them up here's hoping for a bit more sunshine to come :P .

Looking good. Enjoy your grow and keep the updates coming! With some luck you will get a great late fall harvest and a few small ones before that. I like grow species list!

First poddage yay!!!!! On the Sparkler
Sorry for quality, took this on my phone. Will try to get a clearer one with the actual camera later
2012-07-11170312.jpg

Quick update on the grow. It's starting to get sunny :woohoo: which means movement on the plants :dance:

The sparkler in her glory
S1051399.jpg

Close up on pod
S1051392.jpg

Twilight
S1051394.jpg

Twilight flower
S1051396.jpg

Aji Limo from above
S1051400.jpg

Group shot
S1051389.jpg

nice greenhouse setup.. just from a noob.... seeing as you are allowing your plants to pod up already.. make sure they have support as the pods will weigh down the stems.... keep up the grow..

denniz

Just a quick update. The sparkler has got 2 pods already with loads of flowers/buds coming through and Twilight again got lots of flowers and buds. Hubby's happy as his superhots are starting up now with lots of flower buds so he might still get something this year and my kids Apricot and Aji Limo are budding up well.

Lots of lovely sunshine due so bring on the heat :dance: :dance:

I love your hexagonal greenhouse - and a great price, too!
The plants look so great inside of it. You are smart not to try
to grow a thousand plants (just kidding, but some folk are over
the top ;) ); looks like you have just the right amount to have
time for them, and make it enjoyable instead of a chore. Keep
up the good work, Kez!

Whereabouts in Wales are you from? My father's side family
came over the pond from Wales in the late 1600's and settled in
Pennsylvania. Apparently, our first ancestor in this country had
to leave in a hurry due to some dispute with the bishop over tithe.
When he tried to pay tithe with produce, the bishop threw them
in his face, and so he hit the b*****d. Hence the speedy departure!

I love my Welsh ancestry! Really want to visit. We have records
of their place of origin, and I'd really like to see it before I'm feeble!

Update time. Sparkler has gone mad with the pods, at least 10 with loads of flowers readying themselves for podding
Sparkler.jpg

Twilight got a few pods now, again with loads of flowers
Twilight.jpg

Close up on biggest twiglight pod
TwilightPod.jpg

Hubby's first superhot pods appearing
Y7poddage.jpg

Bit more nice weather please Mother Nature :P :P

Whereabouts in Wales are you from?

Not from Wales originally, from Reading in Berkshire. Moved here for a quieter life :lol: Live in the South Wales Valleys. Where abouts in Wales are your fathers side from Paul? I must admit it is a beautiful country with stunning scenery, just wish it was a bit sunnier :lol: :lol:

Couldn't wait any longer, had to have a fresh pepper so I(well superhotclerks) picked the biggest pod off my sparkler and we shared it. Not fully ripe but still tasty with some burnage, kinda surprised me tbh
icon_lol.gif

Can't wait for some ripe ones now if that one was anything to go by. Slight fruity taste with burn in the mouth only, burn lasted about 10 mins if that :P

Just a quick note to say I will be putting some photos up soon, been busy this week after my son broke his ankle but I will say despite the weather all plants still trying at least :P

Right it's been a while since my last update so here ya go.

Twilight has gone pod mad
twig2.jpg

Most of them either purple or going on to the next stage
twig7.jpg

Sparkler is looking manic, covered in pods
spark1.jpg

Finally starting to change colour too!!
Spark7.jpg

looking forward to lots of little heat bombs :onfire: :onfire:

Back