• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

1st year grow - Log + pictures

I was away for 2 weeks and when i got back i was surprised to see how much they grew! I left them in the care of my brother who didnt do as good a job as i had hoped but with a little care they should bounce back to their former selves! they're in 1.5 gallon pots with peat, coco coir, and i feed them hen fertilizers once a month. Enjoy!

Here's a list of what I have:

White Peruvian Habanero
Chocolate Habanero
Reb Habanero
Orange Habanero
Mustard Habanero
Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet
Orange Scotch Bonnet
Fatali
Bhut Jolokia
Dorset Naga
Yellow Cayenne
Red Cayenne
Jalapenos
De Arbol
unknown F1 hybrid

+ a couple of weird hybrids

White Peruvian Habanero (in hydro bucket, no air pump, no ph adjustment, same nutrient solution for well over 2 months and plants are loving it haha)

dsc06880k.jpg

Closeup

dsc06881k.jpg

Some late starters, I can probably overwinter these for next season: 2x Choc Habanero, Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet, Fatali

dsc06883b.jpg

Caribbean Red Habanero, Mustard Habanero:

]

2 Red Savinas. One has a single pepper on it! Hoping for more soon lol

2 out of 4 orange habaneros

Closeup: do they look like orange habaneros?

3rd orange hab:

4th orange hab:

White Peruvian habanero, this one’s in peat:

Mustard habanero, this guy took the worst beating

2x orange scotch bonnets

Closeup orange scotch bonnet

Red habanero

Closeup red habanero

2x Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnets. Everything looks the same except for the fruits lol either the bag they came in were a mix or I’ve mixed up my labels somehow

5x Jolokias, 1x Dorset Naga (are they the same thing?)

Ony 2 have set fruit

2x yellow cayennes

Close up

4x red cayennes

Closeups

The label on pack said F1 Hybrid Capscicum Anuum. It’s by far my most productive plant. No ripe peppers right now cs I picked them all before taking the pictures

Jalapenos

2x chile de arbol

This was supposed to be a Bhut Jolokia, I bought it last year of ebay. Here’s what it was producing before:

And here’s what it’s producing after I put it in a bigger 4 gallon pot: it’s looking more like a bhut but I thought it was too fat near the base. Any ideas?

Also supposed to be producing Bhut Jolokias but here’s what I have

Closeup

They’re both really hot!

Here's a small harvest from today. here's some yellow pear tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, some of the F1 hybrid, couple yellow cayennes, and the other small red ones are supposed to be jolokias. they came off the plant that's now producing bhut-looking-peppers after i moved it into the bigger pot

Cool and Interesting pics. Im new growing peppers this year as well. I have some bhut's and they dont look much like the ones you are showing. However, when you transplanted it to a different pot they certainly took up a much different appearance. Similiar to some of my trindad scorpions. I am sure one of the experts on here may be able to help you out.

Mind me asking, roughly how long it took for the yellow cayennes to turn yellow?

i'd say about 3-4 weeks since they reached their full size which had taken them another 3-4 weeks. i found some pictures dating back to 19/05/2010 and the plants still had no peppers on them

those bhuts look like my mystery bhuts.. interesting.. who did you buy from on ebay?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/Napalm_Fire/IMG_2811.jpg

They do look similar, except yours seem to be a little more wrinkly. I can't remember who I bought them off of, it was last summer. The last two plants (one of which has produced 2 different types of fruit so far) came form the same bag and the fruits look nothing alike. They're still really hot though, hope yours are too!

Some really nice looking plants there Aram, I hope you gave your brother a whooping.

HAHA thank you! i learned my lesson though, next time i'm putting some more reliable people in charge. i'm going away for a month and i'm worried as to what they're gonna look like when i get back :/

Back