• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2 days of rain &...

HotPeppas

Banned
My peppers grew more than they have in full sun around 85F~

Its about 65F and rainy last 2 days and most knowtacible are my habaneros

They were growing slow but i get home today after work and my jaw dropped how nuch the grew

All my peppers seem to be loving this...

Ideas?

Rain is magic and plants love it! ;)

As long as they aren't getting an excessive amount, it'll do wonders for them.

I'm not sure how this idea came about that peppers don't like water at all--they just don't like sitting in for extended periods of time. They need water to live! :lol:

yeah gas, I always wondered how they love hydroponics and put out massive roots for plants that don't like their feet wet. Maybe they just don't like drowning?

I think I am paranoid about overwatering. I am probably guilty of underwatering at this point. They still look pretty healthy, but I will probably shift my watering cycle from every 3-4 days to every 2 days or so. It has been relatively hot lately, and very little rain.

I get a little stuck on hydroponics too, USMC, but only because I know very little about it!

After just reading up on a basic ebb and flow system, I guess it makes a little more sense to me now:

http://www.hydroponicsequipment.co/2011/02/10/ebbflow-system/

Water is allowed to flow from the reservoir to the growing tray on regular intervals and then drained back into the reservoir.

The draining action also helps easy flow of oxygen to the root zone.

As long as the roots are still getting that oxygen, that's a biggie!

(Sorry, HotPeppas, I got a bad habit of thread hijacking! :P)

I think I am paranoid about overwatering. I am probably guilty of underwatering at this point. They still look pretty healthy, but I will probably shift my watering cycle from every 3-4 days to every 2 days or so. It has been relatively hot lately, and very little rain.

As long as they are not wilting I reckon they are right. Truth be told, it probably is much easier to over-water a pepper plant than it is to under-water one--well, at least in my experience.

I guess what I was trying to say before is that a bit of rain won't hurt them if they aren't being flooded on a regular basis--and also in which case, is probably more beneficial than detrimental to them.

Back