food [2-for-1] Chili & Cornbread

ThrowHeat

eXtreme
(DISCLAIMER: I used canned beans and other canned ingredients for the chili video, and also showed the labels/packaging of all the ingredients used in both videos. These are things that I will avoid doing in all of our future cooking videos.)

#1 - FIVE BEAN CROCK POT CHILI (w/ CHOCOLATE BHUTS)

INGREDIENTS
-2 lbs of Ground Beef (the leaner, the better)
-1 whole White Onion (diced)
-1 whole Garlic Bulb (minced)
-4 large Jalapenos (de-seeded and diced)
-7 Chocolate Bhut Jolokias (de-seeded and diced)
-5 cans of Beans (Pink, Great Northern, Dark Kidney, Red Kidney, and Black)
-1 14 ounce can of Diced Tomatoes
-1 small can of Tomato Paste
-1 packet of Chili Seasoning
-1 teaspoon of Ghost Chile Powder
-1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
-1 bottle of Barbecue Sauce (any kind)

DIRECTIONS
1.) Cook ground beef in a large skillet until brown. Drain thoroughly and transfer to crock pot.
2.) In same skillet, cook onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent. Transfer to crock pot.
3.) Add diced jalapenos and chocolate bhuts.
4.) Add chili seasoning and ghost chile powder
5.) Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and worcestershire sauce.
6.) Add beans and pour in the entire bottle of barbecue sauce.
7.) Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
8.) After 4 hours, set crock pot to warm for 1 additional hour before serving. Makes approximately 8 servings.

(NOTE: For extra heat, add more hot peppers during last hour of cooking, OR use them as a garnish when serving.)

#2 - AJI PINEAPPLE CORNBREAD (w/ AJI PINEAPPLE)

INGREDIENTS
-1 cup Flour
-1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
-2/3 cup White Sugar
-1 teaspoon Salt
-3 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
-1 Egg
-1 cup Milk
-1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
-10 Aji Pineapple Peppers (diced)
-1/2 cup fresh Pineapple Chunks

DIRECTIONS
1.) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2.) In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3.) Add egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
4.) Add peppers and pineapple chunks. Mix thoroughly.
5.) Pour cornbread mixture into a greased 9" x 9" baking dish.
6.) Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until you puncture the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
7.) Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with butter, drizzle with honey, or serve with chili. Makes approximately 9 servings.

:dance: :dance:

nice that chili is great im sure! didnt watch the johnny bread video as i cant stand the stuff. im digging yalls videos though i like how yall doing cooking,reviewing style. keep up the good.

ditch down tat and yo 4 life! ;)

Thanks, Sic.
:cheers:

ETA: And yes, the chili was good. 7 Chocolate Bhuts in there made for a good amount of heat too.

Nice, I'm not the only one that adds BBQ sauce to their chili. I like how it kinda sweetens the chili. If you would like to add another dimension to this, might I suggest using a smoked powder. It might add a subtle smoke flavor, depending how much you add. Not sure if you have tried that yet. I'm also gonna have to try the corn bread. That sounds awesome!

Nice, I'm not the only one that adds BBQ sauce to their chili. I like how it kinda sweetens the chili.

The sweetness of the BBQ sauce adds more depth to the flavor. I know it isn't the most traditional way of making chili, but I like what I like.

If you would like to add another dimension to this, might I suggest using a smoked powder. It might add a subtle smoke flavor, depending how much you add. Not sure if you have tried that yet. I'm also gonna have to try the corn bread. That sounds awesome!

Thanks for the suggestion, and I will definitely be trying that the next time we make chili. I used 1 teaspoon of bhut powder for this recipe. I will substitute that with maybe 1 tablespoon of a smoked powder.

I was gonna knock the BBQ sauce in the chili... but i guess I oughta try it first indeed.

And 7 chocolate bhuts in one pot O chili, I'd say that would have some kick fo sho

I was gonna knock the BBQ sauce in the chili... but i guess I oughta try it first indeed.

Just make sure to use a BBQ sauce that you are already a fan of. If you like it, then chances are you will like it in chili.

And 7 chocolate bhuts in one pot O chili, I'd say that would have some kick fo sho

As hot as it was, it was only a fraction of the heat level of fresh chocolate bhuts. Cooking with them really brings down the harshness of the burn.

Back