• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

20 Things I learned From Spicy Foods

The most IMPORTANT thing I have learned while messing with Hot peppers and spicy food is ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS REALLY REALLY GOOD BEFORE YOU GO PEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a pain you will never forget!!!!!!LMAO

Dyce51-

I've haven't done that one yet!! That would be a wake up call! I'm all too familiar with the "AHHHHHHH! I just rubbed my eye!!" dance though!

You would think I could have learned that one by now!

Never eat a shot glass full of any extract sauce. No matter who dares you. Especially if someone has a video camera. :lol: Oh and never believe anyone who says "Aww it's not that hot"

I dont know about the rest of you, but I'll wear some latex gloves when cutting up certain chiles (it has to be hotter than a orange hab before I wear them) I find that dried orange habs burn more on the hands vs fresh, or is this just in my head ? that fresh should burn more than dried ?

I always get a laugh out of this about us chileheads. people prepare & handle chiles with latex gloves on, sometimes eye protection & a mask. but yet we'll eat these chiles in pain & ask for more :(

Back