event 2007 Zest Fest Thread

I'm saving up to go, since I've never gone, what's it like? Is it anything like (can't remember name of the event) that event in Texas that just happened?

That's what happens when you drink and post. I guess this thread can get locked or whatever because it WAY to soon to plan for Zest Fest 2007.

marcosauces said:
Actually next year I am planning to be there as one of the vendors.

Me too. I am debating on NM now that I won the scovie.... I'll be there either way though :D (yeah that's a warning!)

If you are thinking of getting a booth, I would siggest you make haste, I don't think there are many left. You may consider sharing a booth, it'll save a good chunk of change. And remember, teh Fiery Food inspectors are quite strict, so read the product rules & regulations very carefully. One company, from what I heard, was ejected because their products didn't meet the specs for the show.

DEFCON Creator said:
If you are thinking of getting a booth, I would siggest you make haste, I don't think there are many left. You may consider sharing a booth, it'll save a good chunk of change. And remember, teh Fiery Food inspectors are quite strict, so read the product rules & regulations very carefully. One company, from what I heard, was ejected because their products didn't meet the specs for the show.

They were selling steaks..?..:D

DEFCON Creator said:

If I do a booth, I'll probably share - but they tack on an extra $300 fee for sharing :D

Row Booth $695.00
Corner Booth $795.00

There is a surcharge of $300 per additional exhibitor in any booth to a maximum of two. Therefore, a row booth shared by two companies will cost $995; corner booth $1095

Thanks for the advice on the inspectors!

HUv,
$500 aint that bad for sharing, i spend 4 times more for this show we going to do this weekend in DC !!@#*@!!.

Creator,
in which way they are strict the inspectors...?

The big one was they made us show them proof that the sauces were bottled according to FDA standards. Basically had to show them our contract with our co-packer. Also, you have to tell them beforehand exactly what products you will be selling. I forgot to tell them the ZERO Batch #2's were going to be released that weekend, so I ended up selling them when I got back. In my opinion, they are a little too strict, but hey, it's their show.

Ohhh..ok it's not that they checked temps on the sauces or anything...We had Inspector coming to us with thermometers and probe the sauces/salsas temperature to make sure it wasn't above 45 degrees and makes us put all the jars/bottles into a iced cooler.. NOW THATS STRICT..!!!!

Back