• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2010 Pepper list

Here is my pepper list for this year. Looks like I will get to grow what I wanted to last year and then some.Gonna be fun. Hope to make good use of these great peppers.

Sweet peppers and hot.Thank God the plants are smaller than maters (at least here) or I would have a prob.

Sweet Peppers:

Canary Belle

Napolean

Buran

Italian Red Bell ( Grandpa Stella)

Cal Wonder

Sweet Banana

Purple Bell

Yellow Bell

Large Blocky Bell

Large Oblong Bell

Red Ruffled Pimento

Hungarian Sunshine 2

Hot:

Zavory

Serrano

Italian Cayenne

Habenero

Jerry's Black Jalapeno

Bhut Jolokia

Portuguese Cayenne (thick)

Kalosai-v2

Padron

Mexican Bird

Charleston

Large Red Cherry

Cayenne

Hungarian Wax

Black Pearl

Wenks Yellow

Big Jim Nu-Mex

Aji Picante

Anaheim

Serrano Tampequino

Vietnam Multi Color

Lemon Drop

Chocolate Hab.

Fish

Fatali

And that is my 2010 pepper list unless I get any additions.

Kevin

Well here come the additions lol. 7-Pod,Scorpion and Manzano. My niece is getting into the act too.Not sure off the top of my head what she is getting but I believe one is Aji Crystal?Also I am considering using coco coir for a starting medium. However seeing how much it is I was thinking the bricks sold in the pet trade to many known as Bed a Beast would be a heck of a lot cheaper.Any thoughts on that? Note after looking at two well known reptile supply dealers I also was reminded of another brand name which is called Eco Earth.I can get 3 bricks of it for a whopping $5.29 USD plus shipping from Big Apple Pet Supply. That's a lot of seed starting medium in these compressed bricks folks.What do you all think?

Kevin

Here we go again :onfire: Now adding Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet and Poblano . Gonna be a great pepper year if the weather turns out ok .

Kevin

nice list klorentz. let me know what you think of the scotch bonnets and black jalapenos. both sound interesting...

Excellent list of peppers. I am growing the Zavory's as well, but they arent supposed to be hot. All the Hab taste with no burn, will be interesting to see how they actually are.

Thanks Matt. I had a bit of help with it though. Hope weather turns out good this year so we all have a good harvest. Aside from wanting to try these peppers I want to save seeds in hopes of doing some trading and also pay forward the generosity of folks who helped me out sending some seeds.Gonna be a fun year.

Kevin

Good looking list of peppers Kevin.

I'm a big fan of pet store coco coir and you got a great deal.

Best of luck to you this season.

Back