2011 Defcon Sauces update, enjoy the read...

Well, it’s been quite some time since we sent out an update, so, grab a beer, kick back, and enjoy the read.

As usual, we here at the Defcon Compound have been quite the busy little bees (what else is new?). This is the time of year when we start filling up our event schedule, and everything is on course thus far.

We have been quite busy expanding the Defcon Sphere of Influence into new markets nationwide. We’re proud to announce that our wing sauces are now available at all the Central Markets in Texas, which makes a large number of our customer base happy. We’re in a number of new markets, and as we always say, if there is a place near you that you think would be a good place for our stuff, have them contact us. Don’t expect to ever see us in places like Wal-Mart or Shop-Rite, as we prefer the more off the beaten path type markets.

We still have the awesome multi-pack available, the Super Uber-Pack, which gets you all EIGHT of our products, for only $42.00! We also have a small handful of the 2011 Zest Fest ZERO Sludges available. Once this current ZERO batch is sold out, it won’t be available until towards the end of the year (it still takes us 8 months to make the evil stuff. You can’t rush perfection).

We are seriously considering putting out another ZERO Batch collector bottle soon. It’s been about 2-3 years since we put one out, and we have received a ton of emails asking when we are putting out another one. With the economy the way it’s been, I didn’t want to release one, as nobody had a lot of cash lying around, and I didn’t want anyone to miss out because of that. The next ZERO Batch (the Batch #6) may have a few less bells and whistles, as I want to keep the price down so everyone could afford one (or two). We’re still thinking about the specifics, so stay tuned for further information.

As usual, we’re always working on new products, and as many of you know, we’re not into releasing dozens of new things every year, preferring to release 1 or 2 new products every year or so . Well, we got a neat one that should be available later this year. I’ve tested it on a number of victims so far, and it seems quite ready for launch. We’re working on an awesome label right now that is off the charts, same as the stuff inside the vessel. Also stay tuned for more about that as well.

We’ll also be doing a number of farmers markets this summer in the NJ area, as we’ve found there is quite a calling for our stuff at them. In addition, our party catering has been steadily increasing as well, as the whole idea of having your own ‘Wingman’ at a party has really caught on. From birthday parties, to block parties, to tailgate parties, we do them all.

Here’s a breakdown of events we have scheduled so far. We will be adding more dates as time goes on, so check out the “Upcoming Events” button on the homepage of the website (www.defconsauces.com) from time to time.

Our next event will be on May 7th, in Somers, CT, for the 2011 New England Regional Chili Cookoff. “Mad Mike” Freedman always makes this event a ton of fun. I will be cooking up a ton of wings as usual for this event, which always sell out, and we just might even throw a little Deathmatch in for fun.

After this show, a couple of weeks later, from May 20-22, we arrive in Rehoboth Beach, DE, for the 2nd annual Peppers at the Beach event, in the parking lot in front of the world famous Peppers store. It’s one big tailgate party for the entire weekend. There are currently over 30 vendors signed up, and everyone will be cooking up stuff, so the entire parking lot will smell awesome! Come on down and meet some of the best manufacturers in the business!

Then, for a change of pace, we gear up and invade New Orleans, LA for the NOLA Hot Sauce show on July 16th. Last year the show was a massive hit. We will be throwing a little twist into the show, as we will not have a booth to set up. We will be arriving Friday evening, and then on Saturday will be throwing the first-ever Defcon Frog Legs Eating Deathmatch ever. After the match, we fly back to NJ for other prior commitments. A little hint, we just might have a little something special available for sale at this show, but considering we’re only going to be around for just over 24 hours in New Orleans, track me down and get one while you can(insert evil chuckle).

Then, on August 27th, we head back to the best damn thrash metal bar in Brooklyn, Duffs, for the 5th annual Duff’s Wingfest. Once again, we serve up 200 pounds of wings to the masses of freaks, metalheads, wierdos, and punks from 9pm until 4am. You want some fun? Don’t miss this one!
In September, we will be trying a new show for us as well. On September 9-10, we will be setting up camp in Bowers, PA, for their annual Chile Pepper Festival. We’ve been told about this show for years, but always had other events planned the same weekend. I’ll be cooking up wings for the masses, and look forward to a new venue.

And then, on October 1-2 is one of our favorite events of the year, in Fairfield, OH, The infamous Jungle Jims Weekend of Fire. This show has grown over the past few years, and has become a must go for many. Come meet over 70 of the best manufacturers in the industry, the fun doesn’t end. And on Saturday Night, the main event, the 2011 National Championship Defcon Wing-Eating Deathmatch. If you’ve never witnessed this event, it’s a must see. Witness the contestants writhe in agonizing bliss, occasionally tasting what they had for lunch. It’s not for the faint-hearted.

As stated, we will be adding more dates as the year rolls along, and will be doing a number of farmers markets in the northern NJ area, so keep an eye on our event schedule (click ‘upcoming event’ on the home page of the website).

Other that all of that, we’re right on target. Our sales are way up from previous years, confirming the fact more and more people are discovering our culinary masterpieces and becoming one with the Defcon Legion of Epicureal Acolytes. Once assimilated, these Defcon Acolytes expose more of the populous to our products, thus expanding the minds of more and more people through the process of gastronomical re-education. Life is good.
Well, until we meet/speak again, we here Defcon Sauces once again thank you for your support, and look forward to seeing many of you at one or more of the many events we have planned for this year. It’s been a great ride so far, and the gas tank is still full…

John & Maggie

Well, you have been very busy!!
When my current sauce supplies have been exhausted I'll give some of your products a go!!
I bet that you've never of Vermont, don't worry most people have never had either.

Back