• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hey all,

I still don't have my bugs under-control but I am getting there.

I have seeds:

Hot Fish
Nagabon
Hot Cherry Bell
7 Pot Jonah
Lightning Bolt Habs
Billy Boy: Red, Brown, and Yellow
Hot Lemon Drop
Carolina Reeper
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet
7 Pot Brain Strain: Red and Yellow
Fatali: Yellow
Datil
Ghost Scorpions: Red and Peach
Aji Pineapple
Chili Goronong
7 Pot Primo x Habanero
Blondie
Chocolate Scorpion
Barrakpore
Douglah
Red Congo
Chocolate Bhut

I like my list but feel I wont grow all these and there are still really neat stuff out there...

Any suggestions about things I should track down ? Any thing you see here that simply isn't worth growing ?

- Mega

Lol... I totally should have done a product comparison. So aphids are still there... but going away slowly.... Now I have gnats running and flying all over the place. What in the world is Abamectin ?

- Mega

Abamectin is a mixture of avermectins containing > 80% avermectin B1a and < 20% avermectin B1b (1). These two components, B1a and B1b have very similar biological and toxicological properties (5). The avermectins are insecticidal or anthelmintic compounds derived from the soil bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis (2). Abamectin is a natural fermentation product of this bacterium (5). Abamectin is used to control insect and mite pests of a range of agronomic, fruit, vegetable and ornamental crops, and it is used by homeowners for control of fire ants (5). Doses of 50 to 200 ug/kg of ivermectin, a similar member of the avermectin family of comounds, is widely used to treat humans in the World Health Organization onchocerciasis (river blindness) program (2, 8).
from here
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/24d-captan/abamectin-ext.html

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_ChemUse.jsp?Rec_Id=PC33818

Im excited about growing peach bhuts... Ive read/heard they are amazing! perhaps you might want to pick some of those up. I believe jungle rain is a supplier of those.

I can tell you first hand all peach bhuts are not stable. Good luck growing them, they are great but mine ended up with smooth skin and turned red in the very end. I am getting seeds from Jim D, his looked awesome!

Back