event 2014 Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival

Hello, 

I've gone several times and it's a big party atmosphere, lots of people (roughly 13,000 reportedly I think each year) and music.  If you have'nt checked out the Austin Chronicles website for the show you should. 

Usually very hot but not always.  Went once when it was 112° F, only stayed 2 hours that day cause my kids were with me.  The people love hot and spicy food so it's always well attended.  In my opinion it's not nesscessarily a show that would satisfy a hardcore chilehead with quality high heat sauces available for sale.  Sure there are some but it's nothing like ZestFest.  Since it's nearly free to attend (donation of 3 cans of non-perishable food items)  well worth the experience of a favorite Austin event.

Another thing that frustrates me with the sauce competitions is the category's for entry's are Red sauce, Green sauce, or Special Variety.  It's been that way for years basically because of one paticular judge's idea of what sauces are.

As far as vendor satisfaction with sales, I don't think I could say you would like the outcome or not.  I know two vendors that you might speak to though.

I will pm you those.

I'm from Joplin, Mo originally by way of Lawrence, Ks.

Best of luck with your decision!

Mike

Austin Texas.

God's country.

Land of bbq, burger, and taco joints.

And the live music capitol of the world!

Behold.

Badassnessess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtaAjiC3NDo

Back