misc 2014 Holiday Season / never to early!

Hey guys!

I've already started signing myself up for a bunch of different holiday markets and such.

I was curious to what you guys have done are doing in regards to specialty presentations of your products for the season.

Of course, I will sell bottles individually.

But I'd like to also prepare wrapped gift baskets and such.....

What hae you guys done in the past... What works best? Any added items, like cheese or crackers in your gift basket?

I know I'm gonna try and find some sort of little crow ornament to include....

Who's got pictures of previous gift presentations?

I wouldn't add anything I didn't make (like cheese n crackers)  but adding a magnet or other brand-related promo items, for sure. 

When planning for an event that didn't happen, I was going to do pre-packed 3 bottle gift bags.  Excellent for people buying gifts for others.  By the Holidays, you'll have a good feel of your 3 most popular sauces or do a mild-medium-hot selection.  Wrap each bottle in tissue, stuff into a gift bag, ribbon tie, and Put Your Label On The Bag so everyone walking around the bazaar will See It!

And of course have the combo price.  $7.50 each or 3/$20 with the gift bag and extra goodies (magnet, whatever).  You get the idea~

Whatever you consider for gift basket/bag, consider how the customers will be carrying it around at the event.  If you do a basket, make sure to have plastic bags for the customers.  If you ask at your local grocery store, I bet they'd sell you a bundle of plastic grocery bags, so you don't have to buy a case of 10,000 plastic bags.  :lol:  

I'm in the process of booking an event now for November. 

Last December was my single biggest month to date as a company.I had a chance to do a December "stocking stuffer" event, but didn't want to miss any markets. 

This year I'm planning on doing some sort of pre-made gift box throughout the holidays, as I did last year. They were huge sellers - people walking the market saw the 2-packs and went nuts. 

I did some gift baskets the previous year and they were a pain in the ass. They didn't travel well and I had to deal with cellophane, straw to look nice, etc. Last year I kept it "clean" and just did sauce in boxes - if someone wanted to use the sauce in a gift basket they could buy the sauce without the box.  
;)

Good luck 

those new 3-pack boxes AdoboLoco posted would work great-  could be wrapped by purchaser, shipped by purchaser, have label/logo on top......

not as foo-foo as a gift bag, but a very good versatile option. 

salsalady said:
those new 3-pack boxes AdoboLoco posted would work great-  could be wrapped by purchaser, shipped by purchaser, have label/logo on top......

not as foo-foo as a gift bag, but a very good versatile option. 

Yep - I got a quote from them. There's a 4-pack options I'm looking at too (since last year) but shipping is pretty high and so are the minimums. 

I might do both to have 2 options. Sometimes a choice is all people need to close a deal. "Gee, the 4-pack is too much, but the 3-pack is perfect!" or "I dunno if he'll like those 3, but if I get him 4 he's sure to like one!" 

Crazy but accurate. 

It's like dealing with a toddler (and this is one of our classic family lines from when the 'Kid was little..)   You have 2 choices......

beets or broccoli
you pick up the toys and put them away or I pick up the toys and throw them away
fatalii or douglah
blue shirt or red shirt 
long pants or sweat pants ( in January with temps at ~15F)  Not Shorts!  :lol:

Too many choices= can't make a decision

No choices= customer feels like they didn't get to be in charge and make the decision.

I like the idea of the hot sauce box being part of the holiday packaging....maybe come up with a nice sticker to put on the front of the box...

it would be cool to have one that only hold two bottles though.

and my ketchup is in a 12oz bottle, so that wouldnt be able to be part of the deal....

hmmmm.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

This year I'm planning on doing some sort of pre-made gift box throughout the holidays, as I did last year. They were huge sellers - people walking the market saw the 2-packs and went nuts. 

Can I ask where you got the two-pack boxes? any pics you can share?

I ordered them from a box company - don't recall which off-hand and I'm out at a market on my tiny phone. they came flat & I had to fold/tape them. It was a royal pain in the butt.

Price-wise they were great. Like $1 ea with shipping calculated in.

How many do you need? I think I might still have a couple hundred?

I have been working on this ALL day...agghhh, you'd think for something as popular as hot sauce (the majority of which comes in the same sized bottles) there would be an ample supply of 2 and 4 pack boxes with windows available. That said...challenge taken, game on...and will win eventually :P

Back