event 2014 Northwest Chilefest- Official Thread

salsalady said:
Hey Guys-  the heat keeps spreading!  Check this out-

I had 3 fairly large chile plants (2 t-scorp and a fatalii) that had been over-wintered last year.  The fatalii is actually 3 years old.  Well, this year, I just didn't have room for them, so I posted on the local bulletin board "free to good home" and got a call this morning.  This person said he'd started scorpions, morugas and Carolina Reapers last spring but lost them all to blight or something, so he was thrilled to get ahold of 3 plants, and the fatalii has a lot of pods set.  I was thrilled to hear someone talking our language!   It was like "WOW!  someone other than Scovie and CJ in the Methow know what a scorp and Reaper are!  COOL!"  Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to meet the person, just dropped the stuff off.   

I have all the leftover pods in a veggie-fresh bag in the refer until I can get something made with them.  SalsaDude suggested giving some to this guy...Great Idea!  So I did!  Problem is, I have no idea what the pods are. I left a note for the person to check here and maybe you guys would be able to post the IDs for these pods.

Other than "HOT" :lol: ,,,,what do y'all think they are?  I hope the person will check in here and join the forum. 

attachicon.gif
IMG_3674.JPG

not sure about the yellow ones( look like yellow cari scorps without a tail  )  but the ones in the middle are my brown morugas, The next one on the right is a viper X purple bhut and the 3 cayenne shaped ones are Birgit's Locoto's . 
The red ones with the duct tape look like the  7 pot lava i sent ? 

Thanks, Jamie, I think the yellow ones were from Jacen.

Joyner's, I snagged a bag for myself, and although I haven't heard specifically about the pepper powders....they were all gone!!!

Edit to add picture and keep info on the same page-

"not sure about the yellow ones( look like yellow cari scorps without a tail  )  but the ones in the middle are my brown morugas, The next one on the right is a viper X purple bhut and the 3 cayenne shaped ones are Birgit's Locoto's . 
The red ones with the duct tape look like the  7 pot lava i sent ?  Jamie"
IMG_3674.JPG

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Did anyone like the powders?
Tristan and I liked them much. We took one of the packets thinking it was the smoked blend to a friends and added it to the taco meat for the only seasoning added. Result no leftovers and being asked what we put in it. Total hit.
Thanks for sending them.

onefowl1 said:
Tristan and I liked them much. We took one of the packets thinking it was the smoked blend to a friends and added it to the taco meat for the only seasoning added. Result no leftovers and being asked what we put in it. Total hit.
Thanks for sending them.
Thanks for the feedback, love giving to the chiliheads!

Back