• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics 2016 Update w/pics

I finally made time to take a few pics of some of my potted chili peppers. The oldest OW reapers took a long time to break dormancy this year but they are fully leafed out now and are podding up. A very cool additin to this seasons grow are the first pods from a non pheno yellow 7. Seeds from last years 7 yellow pod crossed with another super hot in the garden and came up with this incindiary chili. I picked an immature last week that was just starting to color up and cut a sliver. Like usual I taste the knife blade whicjh cut the pepper as a test.  Incindiary! Both upper and lower lips that came in contact felt swollen like I got stung by a yellowjacket. Now that they're staring to ripen I have to get  the nerve up and see if there's any flavor going on along with  the burn. Last photo is a 2nd year reaper in it's prime that is loading up.

Peppemang,
Thanks, thats one of two of my remaining  plants that I've been overwintering for 4 seasons now. Learned it all from the great THP forum folks!

Back