2017 Nursery Plan

2015 season bought me a high tunnel, a lawn mower, and a tiller.  Hope is, 2016 season will by me a double pane green house.  High tunnel is great for extending season, but looses way too much heat for starts.  Also, it is not presentable and is further out back where it gets muddy some times.

So business plan for 2017 is going to include Plant Days.  Will start indoors in 72 cell trays, then move to heated green house.  Thinking that will let me expand starts while keeping electric down.  Then offer socials called Plant Days.  Goal is $1.00 for an established plug.  Probably tomato and pepper focus.  Maybe only in four or six packs, however the tray divides.  Idea is that the focus is on the social.  So lowest possible price to get folk out and maybe make something with volume.  Also, hope to staff with kids and a dollar a plant makes for easy math.

Ran camping by my insurance company, oh damn that doesnt play.  So thinking maybe cut a deal with a local hotel (12 miles away).  But will still have covered space if it rains.  Maybe serve herbal tea from this years harvest.

So the question is, is this a nutty idea?  I think I need a heated green house solution anyway.  I know there are THP members relatively close.  A couple almost visited me in the hospital this past visit.  If the plants were photographed online so folk knew what they we were selling, do you think you would be interested?

Also kind of wondering about help with ideas for such an event.  Would not mind including merchants if they were willing to demonstrate their products.  No food till I figure out the laws, but maybe even have some sauce makers come out warning them that I have no idea if it will be profitable.

Then maybe in the fall have a harvest event.  If it grows over the years, have very close friends with festival property.  Thoughts?

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-12-ft-greenhouse-with-4-vents-93358.html

Oh... and call it Peppers in the Middle of Nowhere...Story on that, I know a volunteer bar in Indiana in the middle of the woods.,  Its called the Bar in the Middle of the Fucking Woods.  Not kidding, 100% volunteer and folk donate the money for the booze the night before.

Back