• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2020 Here comes the BOOM

SO..... here we go again. After the past 3 years being almost duds, 2020 will be the year to turn it around. I apologize for the absence and I am going to make a great effort to be here more like back in 2016/17.
To recap, I had a fantastic year a few years back when I used my ex-inlaws place, had 32 plants produce a great amount of pods. Very few ripened on the plant because they got in so late. The past w years I got skunked pretty much because of personal issues. Went through a hell of a time with my kids mom, lost 75 to 80% of my seed stock due to starting grows and having to scrap them for various reasons. (Some of you know, some do nkt) but if you are curious, or just wanna shoot the breeze, message me anytime. Now I can focus on the real deal here.

This past summer, my step dad and I had a nice little garden but it stayed pretty wet due to a clogged drainage system that runs behind our fence/garden area, we cleaned it out, dried it up and put in beans, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, Brussels, and a few other items.

This year we are expanding a little and may have a satellite garden on his late grandfathers property. I have begun germination of 8 kinds of peppers and some jamaican oregano. Once they germ, they will be divided between an indoor hydro unit and my old solo cup ordeal. The grow list is not finalized yet, but I'll be tracking most of it here for sure. Main focus here are the peppers.

Pretty eclectic list.
Never heard of the Orange Turticle.

PaulG said:
Pretty eclectic list.
Never heard of the Orange Turticle.
Neither have I. There's a few I haven't heard of but all were gifts a couple years ago, so I decided to use the last of my seed stock for this year. It's going to be fun. I can not wait. I'll be looking around for seeds to purchase to add to the grow or keep in my stockpile/rebuild my stock lol.

Turtcicle, turticle, turdcicle?

What is this world coming to?

Looks like a pretty gnarly pod.

I looked them up the day they arrived. They do seem like very gnarly pods for sure. I appreciate the responses. And I hope y'all have a great season as well. This is the semi-boring part... waiting for germination lol. All of my jamaican oregano has sprouted and is now in jiffy pots with half seed start mix and half perlite.

A few little tails on some of my seeds, so they will be getting a proper burial within the next couple of days. Then it is off to build another stand like from season 1 if y'all remember that. We will see what happens.

2 side projects this year include jamaican oregano.... lol, and a hydroponic set up. Any suggestions on nutes for the hydro? Preferred brands? Different mixing ratios? Lemme know. Thanks.

Blitz527 said:
 Any suggestions on nutes for the hydro? Preferred brands? Different mixing ratios? Lemme know. Thanks.

For hydro nutes, you can't go wrong with the 3 part Flora Series from General Hydroponics. It's what I've been using until this season and have had good results for both peppers and lettuce.

This season I'm checking out MasterBlend, which is cheaper and people have had good results with it

Good luck!

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he suggested fox farm nutes I believe it was. Any experience with them?

Anywho, the peppers started are in the dirt. Waiting on a few from seed savers. Probably going to start buying a few in bulk for next year too.

Glad to hear your season is off to a successful start, Alex.

Can't wait to see pics of the lush bounty as they grow out.

Back